Question ASUS 3080 Strix Power Delivery?

alexswede

Reputable
Apr 26, 2017
Im thinking about buying the new Strix 3080 OC, but when im looking around at the specs and such i realize it requires a 3x8 pin power connector while most others use the new 12 pin or 2x8. Does this mean i need to use 3 separate PCIe cables? I have a RM750x that comes with two 8 to 8 to 6x2 cables and one 8 to 8, do i need to use all 3 of them? Someone told me you only need 2 and you use both the 8 and 6x2

Last edited:

alexswede

Reputable
Apr 26, 2017
wait for a while till asus releases that card the power cable will be released with it or new psu with 3x8 pin power connector will be out soon
I mean i have 3 8 pin cables, im just wondering if i need to use them all or only 2, someone told me you only need to plug in 2 and use the 8 and 6x2 connectors from one cable to fill the 2nd and 3rd slots

Sep 6, 2020
i think u need to buy new psu with 8x3 pin powercable or noew 8x3 powercable if ur is a modular supply i sugget if u hav more budget u could wait and buy new quality psu for new gpu as its need good and efficent power supply so wait and buy a new psu which will be most probbalby made for ampere gpu i suggest

alexswede

Reputable
Apr 26, 2017
i think u need to buy new psu with 8x3 pin powercable or noew 8x3 powercable if ur is a modular supply i sugget if u hav more budget u could wait and buy new quality psu for new gpu as its need good and efficent power supply so wait and buy a new psu which will be most probbalby made for ampere gpu i suggest
Im pretty sure they just mean 3 cables with 8 pins on each, and i have enough outlets to supply power to all 3. Asus recommended 750W minimum for the strix AIB so i dont need to replace anything as far as i know just wondering how many cables out of the 3 i have that i need to use.