Not open for further replies.
Jan 25, 2019
New build:
Mobo: Asus - PRIME Z390-A ATX LGA1151
Processor: Intel - Core i5-9600K 3.7 GHz 6-Core
RAM: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200
GPU: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card

First boot attempt: no video out put, gave RAM LED

I checked ideal RAM slot positioning in Mobo manual. I realized it wanted the two sticks in a2+b2, not in a1+b1, switching them cleared that LED. Huzzah.

Second boot attempt: Again no video out put, gave white VGA LED,

Tried switching to two separate cables from the PSU, just in case it was lacking juice, even though graphics card LED and fans were working.

Third Attempt: still no video, white VGA LED, video card fan and LED on

Tried reseating the card

Fourth Attempt: still no video and white VGA LED, all fans and RGB LED's are still working

Removed the card entirely, to try using onboard video

Fifth Attempt: still no video with white VGA LED

Powered down and unplugged PSU, removed CMOS battery and shorted reset jumper, kept video card out

Sixth Attempt: started sequence, got past RAM, sequence reset itself quickly. After reset, RAM LED still cleared, white VGA LED still on, and now yellow-green boot LED is also on.

Don't know what to try next, any guidance would be appreciated very much.

Solution
What gpu cables are used? If using display port, try switching to hdmi.

Some ppl have had luck with a bios update, fortunately this can be done without a cpu present on most Asus boards, but you will need a way to get the bios onto a USB flash drive.
Mar 2, 2019
Hey, were you ever able to solve your issue? My friend is having the exact same issue with his motherboard (same board). We both have tried everything you've listed and all we can think of.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador

Some ppl have had luck with a bios update, fortunately this can be done without a cpu present on most Asus boards, but you will need a way to get the bios onto a USB flash drive.

Solution
Apr 29, 2019

My motherboard does not support "bios flashback" so I must have a compatible CPU and RAM in order to do a bios update either through the bios or through windows.

I've also tried both display port and HDMI on the motherboard, graphics card is not installed due to this issue obviously. Nothing from either port. Same issue with any port on the graphics card from the few times I tried that also. No point screwing with the video card though until I fix this first.

Yur

Jul 23, 2019
Hi guys
I had the same problem. Had two z390 boards, both acting the same. Cpu i7 9700 gen9. Seems like the board was not able to work with the graphics on this processor.

Solution for me was:
-unplug everything from the mobo, that doesnt have to be plugged (usb 3.0, audio, only one ram)
- put in some shittyass graphics card, connect vga to it (try both pci-e's, for me on the first board the upper pci-e worked, on the second board the upper one didn't, but the lower one did)

Then the pc booted to bios.

I downloaded new bios version to usb and updated bios from inside of bios using m-flash.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.