Asus 3D VG27H and AMD Sapphire Graphics?

Aug 6, 2013
G`d evenin BF4 gamerz.
So I built an i7 4770 Asus Z87 Sabertooth system with 16GB Ram and a Samsung SSD Pro and a 3D Panasonic drive. I also bought a 3D monitor (I got today [Asus VG27H]~with Glasses model]); but as I already had a recent Sapphire HD7770 Graphics card spare, I just bought another one and run them in crossfire..... erm....
The problem is ...
CAN I
or
HOW DO I
get them to work in 3D together?
OR
Do AMD and Nvidia? 3D not work together and I have wasted my time buying AMD HD7770`s?

Did I paint myself into a corner?

I cant find any info; and just have fifty tabs up on my screen driving me round and around and around in circles.

Solution
I did forget about one thing. You can try out HD3D through the HDMI port, but you'll have to use the Tridef software (it is a bit of a pain), and you'll be limited to 720p. While connected through HDMI, you also lose 120hz in 2D.

http://www.tridef.com/

I've actually done this with my 3D Vision monitor, though I use an Nvidia card now.
G

In AMD, you can play 3d games at 1080p30 or 720p60 using HDMI cable.
Set your monitor in 3D(auto) if there is an option.
Or read your monitor manual on how to set 3D games.

Aug 6, 2013

So I already did that auto 3D without any luck; and the 3D sample disc is not 3D (I have a 3D laptop which works fine 720p) (and I tried with and without the correct cables [some HDMI are not 3D and some DVI dont have all the pins]); I had already tried a 3D HDMI cable, and all I get is a boxed window smaller than the 27 inch screen (25-inch) that keeps telling me the region free 3D Blue-Ray is unable to play on my system.

Thanks for suggesting reading the manual which I already read; but which does not have a logical fault-finding process in any of the pages.

Your comment about playing in 720p60 makes sense; and I had already tried that also (with and without the DVI cable attached [Via HDMI 3D]) but still no luck.

Furthermore; Somebody in a separate site says that we should use DVI cable....only.
If you are playing games, you will get full 1080p resolution at 120 frames per second. But only if you are using the DVI connector. If you use HDMI it is limited to 1080p at 24fps because the cable does not have enough bandwidth.

BluRay requires full resolution frame-packed top/bottom format, so the 1080p you would see from actual Blu-Ray discs will be full resolution, but at 24 fps. 48 fps sort of, because it's twice the data as a normal 1080p movie.

The SBS format is generally half the resolution, or effectively identical to a 1080p at 24 fps, non 3D movie.

Use DVI, it's far superior.
http://3dvision-blog.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2934

It almost confusing. I just want to press a button which says;- "Press here to make it work".

P.S.
My 3D HDMI cable is Sony.

G

Use a high speed HDMI cable or HDMI 1.4.. Is your monitor built in 3D emitter? Check if it is ON and Shutter Glasses should be fully charged. Sorry it is 1080p24 over HDMI not 30.
DVI is better so you can get 1080p60 in 3D.
But Hd 7770 is not so good. you have to set games in to low or normal settings when playing in 3D mode to get a better FPS

Aug 6, 2013

1) I thought I said the Cable is a Sony 1.4 3D HDMI. It came in a 3D HDMI box.
2) Ooops; I thought I said the monitor has a 3D emitter in-built. Hence the model name also.
3) Also; I dont know how to check that the emitter is on. There is no physical `On` button (And I have not seen any little LED light [either when the 3D option was greyed out or not in the Monitor settings]). Also; I charged the glasses for 8 hours, I think that should be enough. I tried to get the connection working with the charging cable connected also.
4) I would be happy to get Half-Life 2 working in any resolution to get started.

P.S.
The AMD software gives me this link...for some software for 3D usage (which I may have to pay extra for).

But it looks odd, and is going to close down....or something.

http://www.iz3d.com/driver

No wonder some people throw their computers out of tower block windows.

But I found this first.

http://www.techradar.com/news/computing-components/graphics-cards/amd-hd3d-technology-what-you-need-to-know-1055719

It does seem that AMD card owners are thrown into a sticky net.

Aug 6, 2013
I got this locally;-

Daymn.

Are you not kidding me?

I thought HD3D was comaptible with Asus 3D. I thought it was the same or similar.

Feck.

Feck.

Feck.

Fecking Hardware shapeshifting scumbags.

Fecking feck.

Thanks for the information.

Anyway; I have NEVER SEEN a AMD 3D monitor. Today is the first time I have ever heard of them.

Its no wonder people throw their computers out of apartment windows sometimes.

This is what happens when a company relies on open standards because they are cheaper but other people have to do all the work which they may or may not bother to do and a company that pays others to ensure that their stuff works with their products, it might cost a little more for the card but you end up with something that has more of a chance of doing want you what it to do.

I did forget about one thing. You can try out HD3D through the HDMI port, but you'll have to use the Tridef software (it is a bit of a pain), and you'll be limited to 720p. While connected through HDMI, you also lose 120hz in 2D.

http://www.tridef.com/

I've actually done this with my 3D Vision monitor, though I use an Nvidia card now.

Solution
Aug 6, 2013

That is an interesting idea that should be taken further without the downsides. Top marks for effort and having the patience to try the hard road.

I gotta buy me an NVidia card as I am fed up of the hard road.

Any ideas for a best price/performance NVidia?
(As I have only used AMD cards for the past 10 years).

I am thinking GTX780 ?

Aug 6, 2013

Here in Japan the prices are around 20% to 50% more expensive than anywhere else. Its also a pain to try and find a TRUSTWORTHY company that will import Graphics cards to Japan under $50 for postage a time; where it would cost that to post back a faulty card etc....

I did realise earlier that there is a market for a manufacturer to make an in-line dongle to change an AMD signal convert into an NVidia signal much in the same way as I have an in-line device to change my UK PAL DVD`S into NTSC DVD`s at the Japanese NTSC-only HDTV.

No TV in all Japan plays the PAL signal; but a convertor does the trick.

So: who wants to make them and flog them on Amazon for around $30 a pop?