[SOLVED] Asus 5300 Tri-band Gigabit Router

ryanrj

Commendable
Jan 14, 2019
I have an Asus AC5300 RT router with the latest firmware installed. I have been experiencing reoccurring connection issues, in that when I am logged onto my computer using WIFI, and my roommate is logged into his computer, the network connection drastically slows down, and at times ceases to transmit a connectable signal.

This mostly seems to be a problem only when we are both logged on our computers, always through a WIFI connection. This problem seldom appears if I am the only one on my computer. I should mention I have other devices (Apple TV, cameras, etc.) on the network that never seem to experience this issue if my roommate and I are not using both of our computers at the same time.

The odd thing is when I do a Comcast speed test, even when the connection to my computer is going slow and a webpage barely opens, the test always comes back with blazing fast results sufficient enough to stream 4K video.

Does anyone have any solutions on the best way to fix this problem?

Thanks

kanewolf

Titan
I have an Asus AC5300 RT router with the latest firmware installed. I have been experiencing reoccurring connection issues, in that when I am logged onto my computer using WIFI, and my roommate is logged into his computer, the network connection drastically slows down, and at times ceases to transmit a connectable signal.

This mostly seems to be a problem only when we are both logged on our computers, always through a WIFI connection. This problem seldom appears if I am the only one on my computer. I should mention I have other devices (Apple TV, cameras, etc.) on the network that never seem to experience this issue if my roommate and I are not using both of our computers at the same time.

The odd thing is when I do a Comcast speed test, even when the connection to my computer is going slow and a webpage barely opens, the test always comes back with blazing fast results sufficient enough to stream 4K video.

Does anyone have any solutions on the best way to fix this problem?

Thanks
Are your laptops using 2.4 or 5Ghz connection ? What is the link rate that your laptop is showing?
What is your uplink bandwidth to your ISP? You could be filling the uplink bandwidth and still have plenty of downlink available.