Question ASUS 570f gaming white vga light with hdmi

May 7, 2020
Hi

wondering if someone could help with issue I have, I bought new parts to build a new pc fully water cooled. Put it together and got issue couldn’t boot and vga white light with HDMI connected. Found out the boot issue with NVMe hdd causing issue I took it out for time being put ssd in on its own. Still got white vga light on.

ASUs 570f gaming
ryzen 73700x
asus rtx 2070 super
corsair 32 gb ram
Corsair hydro x waterblock for gfx
ek cpu waterblock, res, radiator

took out the 2070 super and put old msg pcie gfx card in running on dvi pic booted first time, got in to bios, installed windows and installed lastest bios update and Nvidia gfx drivers no problems, all the fans and Rgb was working. Took out the old gfx card plugged in the new one and same issue white vga light on motherboard monitor screen black and nothing on it. But everything is powered up mouse , keyboard all the fans and water cooling.
am at complete loss how to get past this or is it a case of there a problem with the gfx card? Or monitor Which is BenQ 2755 I think it’s has 2 HDMI ports and no display ports. Or motherboard issue?

any help will be very grateful

many thanks
kda835

Last edited:
May 7, 2020
They arrive seperate parts as I done numerous watercooling builds. , not tried putting both cards in the machine at once that might be worth a go, if I do that and other new card does not show in device management will that point towards a doa card?

They arrive seperate parts as I done numerous watercooling builds. , not tried putting both cards in the machine at once that might be worth a go, if I do that and other new card does not show in device management will that point towards a doa card?
There is a chance to it.
I asked about WC because I have seen cards bricked during water-block installation or thermal paste application: ppl nick the chip edges, rip off board components or shock it with ESD. That usually voids the warranty too. Not saying this is your case, but it might be.

Last edited:
May 7, 2020
Thanks for reply,
so I put both cards in the pc, a 560 it and the new 2070 super, both on there stock coolers, both power up fans spinning, the lights on the 2070 super are working, the old cards booted into windows, only one card in device manager and 1 monitor detected, the 560 is on my small monitor and the 2070 on my main monitor due to connection, but in device manager there is 4 pci device with yellow exclaimation mark. Display adapters show on the 560ti

May 7, 2020
follow on to this thread, I got replacement card. It’s worked on air cooler for 3 days. Today I put waterblock on its Corsair hydro x rgb . Powered up got white light on the motherboard won’t boot again, so I drained the system put air cooler back on it works. Is there issue with Corsair waterblocks or am I missing something here . There 2 cables on the waterblock, one to daisy chain the other goes into my commander pro no problems and powers up the rgb. Am completely stuck x

May 7, 2020
it boots with default air cooler, it will not boot with the waterblock on it, like something is shorting the gfx card. cant see what causing the issue

thanks again for reply

May 7, 2020
ok ill look in to in morning heading off to bed soon, again thanks for help ill post update in morning

Also would it be possible to fit the waterblock without the backplate? if it works the backplate maybe shorting the gpu ?

Last edited:
May 7, 2020
hi, I tried it with and without the backplate, made no difference, the screws are all meeting the grounding points on the gfx card, so unless the prefitted pads are to thick or out of place I dont know but I see indents on the pads where it meeting the chips on the card,

not sure I tried to email corsair and asus but at moment just takes so long to get a reply, :)

thanks

Well, there is one more thing you can probably try.
Fit the W/C and only connect the fan header from your fan assembly (if it is long enough). If it starts this way, the cooler is checked prior to starting the card and the card goes into protection mode without it. (Finally, someone implemented it.)