Question ASUS 570f gaming white vga light with hdmi

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
May 7, 2020
Hi

wondering if someone could help with issue I have, I bought new parts to build a new pc fully water cooled. Put it together and got issue couldn’t boot and vga white light with HDMI connected. Found out the boot issue with NVMe hdd causing issue I took it out for time being put ssd in on its own. Still got white vga light on.

ASUs 570f gaming
ryzen 73700x
asus rtx 2070 super
corsair 32 gb ram
Corsair hydro x waterblock for gfx
ek cpu waterblock, res, radiator

took out the 2070 super and put old msg pcie gfx card in running on dvi pic booted first time, got in to bios, installed windows and installed lastest bios update and Nvidia gfx drivers no problems, all the fans and Rgb was working. Took out the old gfx card plugged in the new one and same issue white vga light on motherboard monitor screen black and nothing on it. But everything is powered up mouse , keyboard all the fans and water cooling.
am at complete loss how to get past this or is it a case of there a problem with the gfx card? Or monitor Which is BenQ 2755 I think it’s has 2 HDMI ports and no display ports. Or motherboard issue?

any help will be very grateful

many thanks
kda835

Last edited:

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
corsair hydro x cx-902009-ww
Wrong block maybe? For the Asus ROG 2080 (same as 2070 Super) you need the CX-9020003-WW.
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Custom-Cooling/Blocks/GPU-Blocks/Hydro-X-Series-XG7-RGB-20-SERIES-GPU-Water-Block-(2080-Strix)/p/CX-9020003-WW

There's only the Asus Dual I think that uses the FE pcb. I'd go through the compatability screen for both the blocks and look for your Exact card, there's multiple versions and even something as small a difference as EVO at the end will change which block is or isn't compatible as that different card has a custom pcb.

Last edited:
May 7, 2020
May 7, 2020
hi

I removed the stock cooler disconnected both the cables, put it back on with few screws plugged it in and it works. booted into windows no issues so something on the waterblock am convinced is causing a short but not sure where, might need to try return the block and maybe try different one maybe ek block?

thx