asus 7770 2gb series bsod 116

Lardbucket123

Honorable
Feb 14, 2013
hi i have an asus 7770 2gb series card and i have been getting the bsod 116 drivers crashing and not recovering. this happens in any game but only at my house. at my freinds house nothing happens and everything runs fine. i got a tester and unloaded my wall outlet was putting out 120.5v and the power strip for my monitors was putting out 119.3 under a light load. i have tried using an outlet with a surge protector but still same result. the crashes will occur anywhere from 1 min into a game or 30 mins.

Solution

now just to make sure everything else driver wise is correct because im no expert with drivers and have had too much trouble with ati drivers recently this it what i currently am using. does it look ok? is there a...

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Might want to try a different outlet that you know is on another electrical circuit....also check the actual circuit you are using, there might be something on it that draws a lot of power at start up, (like a window AC unit or a space heater, large appliance... it also may be miswired somewhere on the circuit, can pick up a three light socket tester for about $5 that you simply plug in and the lights that light up will tell you if it's wired correctly, or say the hot/neutral are crossed, no ground, no neutral, etc

Lardbucket123

Honorable
Feb 14, 2013

now just to make sure everything else driver wise is correct because im no expert with drivers and have had too much trouble with ati drivers recently this it what i currently am using. does it look ok? is there a newer recommended driver out or is there an older more stable version?
Display device : AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series on Verde GPU
Display driver : 9.14.10.01001, Catalyst 13.12
BIOS : 015.032.000.000
GUID : VEN_1002&DEV_683D&SUBSYS_043B1043&REV_00&BUS_1&

Solution

Lardbucket123

Honorable
Feb 14, 2013
wow so i have a markedly older driver. i must have mixed up the installation files or something. i will install the 14.4 and see how it goes thank you for pointing out my dumb mistake haha

Lardbucket123

Honorable
Feb 14, 2013
so i tried using the 14.4 drivers and still i get crashes. this is a new install of windows as of 2 months ago and i have been using the ati driver sweeper in between installations. also if i try to install them through the ccc install process i get a bsod that says theres been an error with the plug and play drivers. so i got them installed through the device manager but they havnt worked yet