Question Asus 970 Pro Gaming /Aura memory issue

Apr 2, 2021
Asus 970 Pro Gaming /Aura Motherboard not showing full memory despite identifying both DIMMs.

So I'm two (Ballistix Sport 16GB Kit (8GBx2) DDR3 1600 MT/s (PC3-12800) UDIMM 240-Pin Memory) DIMMS (Yes I ran a memtest using MemTest86 with at least 3 successful Passes on each) But for some reason it keeps showing up as only 8GB in the BIOS, I haven't yet installed Windows 10 due to an SSD coming in later this Saturday. Would anyone know why this could be happening. I'm setting up a spare parts build for a friend, since he's using a comp that's running Windows 7, running on a Dell Prebuilt with a Q6600 And 6GBs DDR2 with a GTX 580, in case you wanna know the reason why I'm using parts this old.

Update: So I pulled my SSD out of my Office Rig, (I don't Really use it that much) installed windows on it, and lo and behold, strangely enough, it shows both slots populated and a total of 16gbs of RAM. Strange that it doesn't show in the BIOS but I suppose it won't matter in the long run. But an answer would still be appriciated.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2021
Here's a picture of the BIOS Screen

7Y52FVV.jpg

Feb 28, 2024
Olá minha placa mãe é uma Asus 970 pro gaming/aura e tenho quatro memoria ram totalizando 16gb e mesmo assim não funciona o total só 8gb na bios se alguém já passou por isso e conseguiu resolver e quiser me ajudar ficarei grato.

Feb 28, 2024
Hello, my motherboard is an Asus 970 pro gaming/aura and I have four ram totaling 16gb and even so the total only 8gb in the bios doesn't work, if anyone has already gone through this and managed to solve it and wants to help me I would be grateful.