[SOLVED] Asus 970 Pro Gaming Aura pcie3 compatible?

JonCondiff

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2015
we just tried upgrading/reviving our main PC and when we plugged This Graphics card there was no video. my dad refunded it and now i'm trying to figure out what went wrong. is it possible that the motherboard isn't compatible.
(PS honestly just doing this because dad doesn't believe that we might have just needed drivers or something and needs confirmation from the internet)
additional info:
cpu: AMD AM3+ FX 8350
16 MB RAM

Solution
It was a old gtx 550TI
my father mentioned something about it fitting differently
also it did not have a power plug he just assumed it got power from the pcie port
also now looking at your reply again I meant asking on the forums not anything the card has to do
another thing is we are using a dvi/vga adapter because the monitor is vga
That's probably the problem. That gfx card has no analog (VGA) output. Only digital. Unless your adapter was an 'active' adapter, it couldn't produce a signal that the analog monitor could use.

Btw, for the price you payed for that card, you could have gotten a faster one. The RX 550 runs about that same price. Or for ~$10 more, the RX 560 (even faster). But either way, very few modern cards...

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
There should be no reason that card didn't work on your PC and that motherboard. Drivers aren't an issue. Gfx drivers are only needed to get the best performance from the card once in the Win environment. Even w/o drivers loaded, the card will produce video. And the internet has nothing to do with getting a display either.

What card were you using prior to the GT 1030?

JonCondiff

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2015
There should be no reason that card didn't work on your PC and that motherboard. Drivers aren't an issue. Gfx drivers are only needed to get the best performance from the card once in the Win environment. Even w/o drivers loaded, the card will produce video. And the internet has nothing to do with getting a display either.

What card were you using prior to the GT 1030?
It was a old gtx 550TI
also it did not have a power plug he just assumed it got power from the pcie port
also now looking at your reply again I meant asking on the forums not anything the card has to do

Last edited:

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
It was a old gtx 550TI
That's probably the problem. That gfx card has no analog (VGA) output. Only digital. Unless your adapter was an 'active' adapter, it couldn't produce a signal that the analog monitor could use.

Btw, for the price you payed for that card, you could have gotten a faster one. The RX 550 runs about that same price. Or for ~$10 more, the RX 560 (even faster). But either way, very few modern cards come with analog output anymore. You are going to have to consider a new monitor or buy an active converter (which sometimes work OK, sometimes not).

Solution