ragnorrok

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2009
Let me start by stating its been a few years since I have built a system and I am a bit rusty. Below are the specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7 920
MB: ASUS P6T Deluxe
RAM: Cosair Dominator DDR3 1600 (3x2GB)
Video Card: ASUS EN9800GTX+ DK/HTDI/512M
PSU: Corsair CMPSU-850TX 850W
HD: WD Caviar SE WD3200AAJS 320GB

What I have tried:
After assembling all components I connect up the monitor to the DVI output and power cord (PSU is a Corsair CMPSU-850TX 850W) and power on the PC. I hear no post and the monitor(LG L227WTG) does not come out of power save mode. I then realize my case (Antec 900 Black) has no speaker wired, so I remove one from an old PC and connect it to the MB, same issue still. I then noted that even though both PCIe power connections are connected only one of the LED's above them is lit. Swapped connections but no change in LED status or post. I then re seated the graphics card, still no change.

Please help me see what I may be missing and what I can do to get this new system online.

rav3n

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2009
Try updating the bios. I know that when i recently built my new AMD rig i had to update to a newer bios version to get support for the phenom II series

rav3n

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2009
Try updating the bios.

Probably should have said this first, you will most likely have alot of trouble doing this. I'm unfamillar with the new intel cpus at the moment so i can't help you much more sorry :(

G

I built the very same config 6 month ago (same motherboard, processor and graphic card)... it worked out of the box perfectly woth no bios updates... but then a storm broke the motherboard and I had to buy a new one... I bought then the p6t deluxe v2 as it's the only equivalent nowadays... and I got the same problem as you encoutered... blank screen on startup and only one green light (LED3)... and a single short beep that inform me that everything should be okay.

It works fine with another pcie card that doesn't require any 6pins plug, so I could do a bkios update, but... I don't feel like it will help as I built the same thing and it worked earlier with no update...

if you found a way out of that situation, I'm all ears...

thanks