[SOLVED] asus a15 fa506 screen not working

Skift2

Prominent
Dec 3, 2021
Hi, I changed my laptop's thermal paste and after putting everything back on the screen won't turn on. I hooked up the laptop to an external monitor and everything worked fine except the screen. The screen pins and keyboard seem to not be broken or have any issues with them so what could possibly cause this problem

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I'd suggest powering down the laptop and disassembling it once again only this time when reassembling, making sure all internal connections are in their proper locations and are secure. Often times some latches can come undone if you're not paying attention to how they lock on. I'd also inspect every connection to the motherboard and perhaps any signs of damaged cables, though that might be far from possible, it does tend to happen.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I'd suggest powering down the laptop and disassembling it once again only this time when reassembling, making sure all internal connections are in their proper locations and are secure. Often times some latches can come undone if you're not paying attention to how they lock on. I'd also inspect every connection to the motherboard and perhaps any signs of damaged cables, though that might be far from possible, it does tend to happen.

Solution