Question ASUS A320I-K

Jan 11, 2020
Hi guys,

I ran into some problems yesterday. I tried to overclock my Ryzen 3 2200G CPU, and suddenly my PC decided not to boot anymore. I reset the BIOS settings using a jumper on the CLRTC pins and my PC booted again. So (mostly) everything is working fine again.

But today I realized that my PC is not using my GPU video output until it booted into Windows. I only get some video output when I'm at the Windows logon screen. I cannot enter the BIOS settings etc.

I plugged in the HDMI cable into the onboard video output and booted the PC, then I got the BIOS screen and also could enter the BIOS setup. Looking into the video output settings, there was the "primary video device" set to IGFX. Of course I know that this was the problem, so I changed it to PCIE, saved the settings (by pressing F10 and confirm the changes) and reboot my PC, but with the HDMI cable plugged into my GPU. But it's the same problem as before. After looking into the BIOS settings again, the primary video output was again set to IGFX. This seems to be the only setting which is not saved, every other setting I change in the BIOS is saved properly.

This worked fine before resetting the CMOS, so it definitely has nothing to do with a defective GPU or something like this. I also tried to change the ports on my display etc., nothing worked.

My mainboard is a ASUS Prime A320I-K running a Sapphire Pulse RX570 and a Ryzen 3 2200G. It's a budget PC build, so yeah, but I think such a basic thing like saving the primary video device setting shouldn't be a problem at all.

I also found some other threads here on this forum (and also others), but none of the solutions provided there worked for me. I'm also not able to update my BIOS since it already has the latest BIOS version installed.

Thanks for your help!

EDIT: I just found out that it's working when I use a HDMI -> DVI-D cable, but not when I'm using a HDMI -> HDMI cable.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2020
You just cannot overclock on an A320 board. You need a b-series or z-series board for that. A320 is a budget board that does not support OC.

Yeah, that's what I thought after my PC stopped working after overclocking. But that isn't the case anymore since my PC is booting up fine again. The only problem is that I cannot access the BIOS settings because I have no video output as long as Windows is not booted.

Jan 11, 2020
Yeah, that's what I thought after my PC stopped working after overclocking. But that isn't the case anymore since my PC is booting up fine again. The only problem is that I cannot access the BIOS settings because I have no video output as long as Windows is not booted.

I also just found out that it's working when I use a HDMI -> DVI-D cable, but not when I'm using a HDMI -> HDMI cable.