[SOLVED] Asus A320m Ex vs Asrock B450M HDV

Mar 17, 2019
Greetings, I just want to ask which will perform well together with 2200g and Viper elite 2x4gb 2666 for an APU set up for a home pc. I don't plan on overclocking and I only play LoL, CS Go, Fortnite etc. during weekends for like 6 hrs or less. I'm on a tight budget that's why I'm considering the a320m. Below are their prices on our local store:

Asus EX A320M GAMING - $54.10
Asrock B450M HDV - $75.35

Thank you and have a nice day

faldy antono

Reputable
Mar 17, 2019
hi i hope i can help you, i guess it depends of what your setup and what you needs, me personally only use b350 to sync my rgb fans and other components, i love the design and it match the colour of my computer which is white, other than that i use b350 to setting my ram speed, i use delta t force 3000mhz, it can set the speed to 2933mhz(or even more) with only xmp profile(no oc), idk if a320 mb can boost my ram to 3000mhz, and id not recommend to boost the ram speed to 2666mhz on that mb, itll only read 2133mhz(cmiiw), i heard that ryzen need a fast ram to get a maximum performance, but its enough to use 2400mhz ram since ure not a hardcore gamers, i think itll be better if you save those extra $20 for b350, and find a cheaper memories just for a while and get a used gpu in the future if ure on a tight budget but insist for gaming. anyway you should also do the bios update on a320 before get ur pc start.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jmacala14

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Both are pretty similar,so since not wanting to overclock do i see no reason to buy the more expensive motherboard. It even has more ram slots so you could add ram,although never really recommended. I would use that money for a better cooler or just keep it in the pocket. Do make sure for yourself that you really don't want to overclock though.

Reactions: Jmacala14
Mar 17, 2019
Thank you for your response I really do appreciate it. I'm just wondering about the vrm and stuff. I read it somewhere that you need a good specific component in the motherboard if you are going for an APU set up (not sure what it means). So I'm wondering which is better than the other.

Thank you