ASUS A320M-K Failing to POST

Jul 3, 2018
Alright Tomshardware I'm turning to you in my time of need. I'm getting zero POST, motherboard will light up and all fans go. All parts are new, and I'm without another PC to drop them into to optest.

Build is as follows
CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus - PRIME A320M-K Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3GB GT OC Video Card
Case: Thermaltake - Core V21 MicroATX Mini Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (in my troubleshooting I thought I was having a power supply issue, bought a 750W version of this as well. Both have been tried.)

Steps I've taken
-Breadboarded motherboard with only CPU and fan installed. Fan runs, MOBO lights up, no post from MOBO speaker.
-Breadboarded motherboard with CPU, fan, and RAM installed.
-Swapped CMOS.
-Jumped CLRTC
-Attempted to start with only single stick of RAM in, in both slots, as well as with both sticks of RAM in.
-Attempted to start with GPU installed.
-Attempted with both power supplies
-Attempted with second CPU in case of failure of first.
-Let the motherboard run for 20+ minutes as other threads have stated
-verified all pins on CPU
-verified wiring and tried different cables for both CPU and MOBO power.

Is the motherboard shot? Suggestions for what to try next? I've yet to get a POST or POST failure, just wonderfully aggravating silence.

Solution
I don't know what else you can try. Your setup is relatively basic. I think you should contact Asus Technical Support and explain your problem. If they can't find a solution for you they will likely offer to RMA the motherboard.

This recent post from July 1st looks similar to your problem, an Asus Prime A320M-K and Corsair H60 Liquid CPU Cooler. Maybe a solution will be found in that thread.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-3735447/build-budge-asus-prime-a320m.html
Jul 3, 2018

Rocktalkrock I've confirmed RAM is properly seated, however for even getting a failure to POST it shouldn't matter and I'm not even getting the beep pattern for a failure to POST.

I don't know what else you can try. Your setup is relatively basic. I think you should contact Asus Technical Support and explain your problem. If they can't find a solution for you they will likely offer to RMA the motherboard.

This recent post from July 1st looks similar to your problem, an Asus Prime A320M-K and Corsair H60 Liquid CPU Cooler. Maybe a solution will be found in that thread.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-3735447/build-budge-asus-prime-a320m.html

Solution