[SOLVED] Intermittent POSTing issue on Asus A320M-K ?

shanedude02

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2013
Hello guys,

I have a very odd one that's making me pull my hair out.
Setup is:
  • Asus A320M-K motherboard
  • 8GB of RAM
  • Ryzen 3200G
  • M.2 SSD
Pretty basic setup.
It's very odd, if it posts, and boots, it's completely fine and stable.
If I restart Windows, no issues, boots up completely fine.
If I shut down, sometimes it will boot without issues, sometimes it just won't POST at all. Wont get to the bios boot screen or anything, no display whatsoever. Fans do spin.

What I've tried so far:
-Removed CMOS battery, to clear bios
-Removed PCIe WiFi card
-Reseated and repasted CPU
-Reseated RAM
-Reseated SSD
-Tried both sticks of ram, by them selves, in both slots
-Unplugged the reset switch in case it's something dumb like a dodgy reset switch
-Tested power switch with a DMM on resistance, seems fine (IDK, I'm running out of ideas here)
-Removed case fans
-Updated BIOS to the latest version available on Asus' site

Have I missed anything?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Solution
It could be MoBo fluke as well, yes. Also, since you have A300 series chipset, those are essentially barebones and bottom of the barrel.
Though, only good thing about them, is their cheap price.

As far as serial number goes, you can read it off from the sticker on the MoBo itself, usually after the S/N: or read it off from the MoBo retail box.

shanedude02

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2013
If you can boot into OS (which you sometimes can), you can rule out CPU and MoBo.

PSU make and model (or part number) is?

It's got an aerocool PSU in it.
After making the post, I used a PSU from another machine, a seasonic unit, with the same intermittent posting issue.
Even changed the CPU as well. Took a confirmed working ryzen 3200g from another machine, and swapped it out. The one that was originally in this system is working without issues in another.

This system is still does the same thing.
I've given up, and got another motherboard for it.
Trying to RMA the current motherboard, ASUS' site says i've got the wrong serial number 🙃

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
It could be MoBo fluke as well, yes. Also, since you have A300 series chipset, those are essentially barebones and bottom of the barrel.
Though, only good thing about them, is their cheap price.

As far as serial number goes, you can read it off from the sticker on the MoBo itself, usually after the S/N: or read it off from the MoBo retail box.

Solution