Asus A550JK laptop

Geertt2

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2012
Recently, i bought an Asus A550JK laptop. It comes with Windows 8 pre-installed. However I dislike Windows 8 therefore I installed Windows 7. Now I am encountering problems with the computer.

Problems I am having
1.) Wifi drivers does not install because it is "turned off" for some reason. (I got the drivers from Asus website)
2.) cannot install integrated graphics drivers. (I got the drivers from Asus website)
3.) cannot install nvidia drivers because it says I need to install the integrated drivers first.

Any help will be appreciated.

Solution
Download both. Install them both and see which works. The official site doesn't specify anything. Also, if you can somehow connect it to the internet using a network dongle, you can use the Iobit Driver Booster 2 utility. It will automatically search for the latest drivers and install them.

Rit_86

Distinguished
Easy fix for you.
Go to intel's site and download the graphics driver manually.
Do the same for the network card and download the drivers from the manufacturer's site.
Install them both.
The nvidia drivers should not be a problem, if it shows any problem, go to Nvidia's site and get the drivers.
This should sort out your problem.

Geertt2

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2012

Is there a way to figure out the wifi card's brand? Asus website says its Qualcom aetheros but when I had Win8 it said its Broadcom or is it that they are the same company?

Rit_86

Distinguished
Download both. Install them both and see which works. The official site doesn't specify anything. Also, if you can somehow connect it to the internet using a network dongle, you can use the Iobit Driver Booster 2 utility. It will automatically search for the latest drivers and install them.

Solution

mooo56

Reputable
Jan 30, 2015
i bought mine 2 weeks ago and i have noticed a strange clicking sound when am using it i think it must be the hard drive.
I also changed mine to windows 7 too and i did not encounter the hard ware issues.i hope yours is now running smoothly.