ASUS A7A-266 or ECS K7S5A S735 - good mobos?

G

you may of read my previous post (do i get AMD or stick with Intel) and since then i have decided to go for a Athlon 1.4Ghz+ and have also decided that i am going to keep my 256MB Pc-133 SDram for the time being.

these mobo's alow me to use either SD or DDR ram which is really good because for the time being i put the $50/60 AUS for 256MB DDR on sumthing else - game maybe!

ok so what i was wondering, are either of these mobos worth getting (its slightly more expensive but aw well - it allows me to keep my RAM) or do i look for sumthing similar.

The second mobo is alot cheaper - is it a crappy make etc??
thanx

any suggestions would be graetly appreciated
Bye

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by gazavage on 11/12/01 00:31 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

lamer_gamer

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2001
I've got one, and I'm pleased with it. It's very stable. I got one so I could use my pc-133 RAM, too. It's nice that way. I've also heard good things about the SIS 735 chipset, stability wise (it will also take SDR or DDR RAM). However, I've also heard some nasty things about getting it set up and working (there's lots of posts here about that ECS board).
As far as the A7A board goes, though, I haven't had a single problem. Good luck!
BTW- There <i>may</i> be issues surrounding use of the A7A board revisions prior to 1.10 with the Athlon XP, but I'm not sure what the final word is.

dhlucke

Polypheme
I have the K7S5A and recommend it. People with problems will of course post it here since that's the whole point of a forum. The number of them just reflects the number of people buying them.

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=blue>Bless</font color=blue> <font color=red>America!</font color=red>