Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe and BIOS 1009 (I DESPERATELY NEED IT!!..

Hallo, I have a problem with an Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard I've
just bought. I would like to know if anyone of you can send me a copy
of the BIOS version 1009 for this motherboard. I got my motherboard
together with BIOS 1009, but as soon as it started to gave me problems
with WinXP and SATA
drives I decided to flash it bacward to 1008, but there was a power
outage in the middle of operations (!!@$#%!!) and the PC suddenly
rebooted leaving me with Award Bootblock Bios 1.0 asking for a disk
with a valid BIOS file to reflash.
Now the problem is that only the original 1009 BIOS is a valid bios
for this flashing operation (or this is what Award Bootblock Bios v1.0
thinks... I believe that there's some sort of checksum in the Award
Bootblock BIOS because with all the other BIOSes I've tried the
AWDFLASH utility refuses to wrok and prints: "BIOS-Lock String Error.
The BIOS file doesn't match with your original version" or something
like that...).
Moreover, after some googlin', I've read on some forum posts that the
problem is the EXACT bios version that was present before the
flashing, that exact version MUST be used to reflash the BIOS.
I've already tried each and every other BIOS for the A7N8X-E Deluxe
found on the web, and none of them obviously worked, but I wasn't able
to find the original 1009 BIOS because Asus pulled it from his site
and no other mirror retained it.
But maybe someone of you still have it and so I thought that maybe not
everything is lost.
Would you please send me a copy of that file ? My email address is
pita_REMOVEALLCAPITALLETTERSANDUNDERSCORES_gora71@tin.it
Thanx in advance,
Bye ^_^

P.s.
on my BIOS eprom there's a label with the following code: AN8E5 1009

Paul

Splendid

In article <84d3b29.0405171150.3e64b5b9@posting.google.com>,
pitagora71@tin.it (Pita71) wrote:

> Hallo, I have a problem with an Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard I've
> just bought. I would like to know if anyone of you can send me a copy
> of the BIOS version 1009 for this motherboard. I got my motherboard
> together with BIOS 1009, but as soon as it started to gave me problems
> with WinXP and SATA
> drives I decided to flash it bacward to 1008, but there was a power
> outage in the middle of operations (!!@$#%!!) and the PC suddenly
> rebooted leaving me with Award Bootblock Bios 1.0 asking for a disk
> with a valid BIOS file to reflash.
> Now the problem is that only the original 1009 BIOS is a valid bios
> for this flashing operation (or this is what Award Bootblock Bios v1.0
> thinks... I believe that there's some sort of checksum in the Award
> Bootblock BIOS because with all the other BIOSes I've tried the
> AWDFLASH utility refuses to wrok and prints: "BIOS-Lock String Error.
> The BIOS file doesn't match with your original version" or something
> like that...).
> Moreover, after some googlin', I've read on some forum posts that the
> problem is the EXACT bios version that was present before the
> flashing, that exact version MUST be used to reflash the BIOS.
> I've already tried each and every other BIOS for the A7N8X-E Deluxe
> found on the web, and none of them obviously worked, but I wasn't able
> to find the original 1009 BIOS because Asus pulled it from his site
> and no other mirror retained it.
> But maybe someone of you still have it and so I thought that maybe not
> everything is lost.
> Would you please send me a copy of that file ? My email address is
> pita_REMOVEALLCAPITALLETTERSANDUNDERSCORES_gora71@tin.it
> Thanx in advance,
> Bye ^_^
>
> P.s.
> on my BIOS eprom there's a label with the following code: AN8E5 1009

There is a 1010 version here ? That doesn't make much sense.
ftp://www.asuscom.de/pub/ASUS/mb/socka/nforce2/a7n8x-e/

If the awdflash utility is working, perhaps you could use
the option to archive the old version. When the operation
is finished, use a hex editor to examine the resulting file.
At the very end of the file, will be the name string for
the BIOS file. For example, 1010 has "A7N8XŸE" near the end
of the file. If you don't have a hex editor, try a text
editor instead.

If the archived file has a different string near the end, or
there is nothing but all zeros or all FF's near the end of the
file, perhaps you have managed to flash it with the wrong
BIOS, and now it is trying to match the wrong name
string.

HTH,
Paul

There is no 1009 version on the Asuz web site for this board. The latest
release is 1008

--
John Crawford
u1f6060@shaw.ca

Canadian "EH" and my second car is not a dog sled

bill

Actually there is a BIOS 1009 on the ASUS websitr, but it is for the
A7N8X-X motherboard.

http://www.asus.com/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=A7N8X-X

Wildbill