Asus A7V motherboard fan problem.

vtjedi

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2001
I have an Asus A7V motherboard and the fan mounted on the board has started to make alot of noise. It seems to sound like it is speeding up and slowing down alot and is very loud. SHould I replace this fan if it is possible?

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
The fan speeds up and slows down according to the amount of your workload. You shouldn't worry about it.

<font color=blue>Your mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take affect. Restart Now?[OK]</font color=blue>

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
if its making noise, theres some trouble with the fan bearings, or bushings if its a cheapo. replace it asap.

noises like these indicate that its malfunctioning and is not cooling the processor properly - you might loose youe processor as well.

<font color=blue>die-hard fans don't have heat-sinks!</font color=blue>

vtjedi

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2001
It is actually the fan mounted on the chipset. I would love to replace it but I can't find any info on what size/kind of fan to replace it with.

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
<A HREF="http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/bluorbforgef.html" target="_new">Blue Orb Chipset Cooler</A>. You can use it for a motherboard chipset or on your graphics card.

<font color=blue>Your mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take affect. Restart Now?[OK]</font color=blue>

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
if thats the chipset fan and you arent overclocking, you dont need it anyway. you could safely remove the fan and just keep the heatsink.

<font color=blue>die-hard fans don't have heat-sinks!</font color=blue>