ASUS A7V w/ GeForce I

G

Im currently in the middle of an entire motherboard and processor upgrade due to some serious problems that im having w/ a creative labs annihilator pro video card and a FIC SD11 mainboard. Some of the posts echo whats been happening to my system now --- random reboots --- system will not HARD boot up, i have to hit the reset switch for it to boot at all after i turn on the computer --- and lastly, when i plug ANYTHING into the USB controller slot, the computer freezes up when it gets into windows 98... Hoping an ASUS A7V and TBird 900 solve this mess, cause FIC sure as **** hasnt....

G

You can't go wrong with TBird and A7V. I just installed a GeForce into one of my clients Tbird and A7V system and it runs as smooth as a car ride on a sunny Sunday afternoon. Try to get a hand on Win98SE, it solved problems I had with USB and other problems under Win98.

G

Have you considered the problem might be Windows? Just kidding. I am about to build a A7V/T-Bird 1G system myself. I have heard good things about the system and I hope it flies for me too.

Also, I found an Asus Ipanel box that mounts into a 5 1/4 drive bay and connects to the ipanel jumper on the A7V MB. This looks to be a cool device with the ability to monitor speed/fan speed/temp. It also monitors POST and has USB ports on the front. I can't find info on the web yet, but if you're interested, I'll keep you posted after I install it.

I would also like to know how your upgrade goes.

uncoando

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
At POST it looks for a scsi card to boot from??? Same problem! I think it's the NVRAM 606.bin file. Reset gets it looking for an ide device.

Have you loaded the latest drivers from VIA? Make sure usb is selected for in BIOS (there are four usb ports on this board, designated USB 0 and USB 1 in the bios).

MAke sure you have the usb patch if using w 98 or 98se...

These are good and stable boards, not as malleable as Asus, but high quality 4 ply boards that are very stable.

Also make sure your ps is up to the task; this system is an energy hog. Geforce 1 requires alot of juice. Disable sba on agp, shadow video bios.

<b><font color=blue>Brainy Sturgeon</b></font color=blue><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by uncoando on 11/14/00 02:30 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

uncoando, where are the above patches located? If you can post the links, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

JB

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by JPURDUE on 11/14/00 03:47 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

TRENDING THREADS