ASUS A7V

G

weird, 1ghz athlon, pretty generic fan, stays aroud 50 C all the time, but, at least once a day it hard locks ... and i dont know why, any ideas people?
geforce 2 MX
128 RAM
and a sb live

G

what operating system are you running, and do you have the patches for agp? if you dont have the patches, and if your not running bios 1005c i suggest you flash your bios, and just install all the patches, or updates. and stick some case fans in there, extra if you already have some, their cheap and would remove any fear of it being overheating.

If you overclock an Intel Processor enough, it will turn into an AMD. True Story.

toonces

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
what programs are you running when it locks? with nothing else it sounds like a temp problem. you might look at a better heat sink/fan combo.

<font color=red>booyah, grandma, booyah..</font color=red>

G

no it never frezes on games, usually on the desktop i ususally have irc icq and cute, although icq 99 is hurtin slow sometimes

and im still using my original bios, for fear of [-peep-] something up, ive got a bad history with bois flashing

G

when my mother board came A7V rev 1.02 and bios 1004d on it, i thought i would just test it out with the current bios, why fix it if it isnt broke right, but i had it hang once right in windows, just doing something in explorer, so i took that as a sign and flashed the bios to 1005c and never had an issue again. just make a dir on your c drive called BIOS copy the aflash.exe into it, the a7v1005c.awd file and then boot up on a boot disk, windows 98 boot disk is what i used. when you get to a prompt type in c: enter cd bios, enter, then run aflash it has its own screen and everything, option one lets you back up the current bios. do that, select 1 then it will ask you what you want to call it and where to save it to, type in c:\BIOS\a7voldbios.awd and it will make a copy of it. then pick option 2 to update and type in the name of the new bios c:\bios\a7v1005c.awd and it takes like 3 seconds and says completed successfully then you reboot and that should clear up your freezing in windows.

If you overclock an Intel Processor enough, it will turn into an AMD. True Story.