Asus A7V333 Disappearing BIOS setting?

G

I just built a machine with an Asus A7V333/Raid motherboard. According to the manual, there's supposed to be an BIOS menu with an Onboard PCI Audio setting in the Advanced section. However, I've been through the entire set of menus and can't find the entry point to that submenu so I can deactivate the on board sound.

Anyone know how I can do this (without frotzing the board, naturally.)

(I'm thinking that's what's preventing WinXP from detecting my Audigy. If that's not it, I'd appreciate a tip on getting that to happen.)

thanks in advance...

pdelre

Distinguished
May 14, 2002
From their online PDF version of the manual, it looks like Advanced -> PCI Configuration -> Onboard PCI Devices Control -> Onboard PCI Audio.

If that doesn't work, just disable it with the jumper (sucks I know).

G

Yeah, I saw that, too. But the PCI Configuration menu doesn't seem to have an entry for the Onboard PCI Devices Control submenu. Or, rather, if it does, then I'm blind as a bat, because I've been through that menu several times trying to match the screen shot to what I see on the monitor.

As far as the jumper goes, um, what page do you see that on? I've been digging for it, too, but (of course) am not finding it.

Finally, this *is* what's preventing my Audigy from being detected by Plug-and-Pray, right?

Thanks, again!

metal143

Distinguished
May 14, 2002
Ok, the A7V333 motherboard,
Do you have a PCI Audio Card in any of your slots.(ex. Audigy, Live!)
Cause if ya do, you have to remove it to see the menu for the onboard Audio in the BIOS, and also make sure the jumper is set to enable.

The jumper is under the last PCI slot (if your wondering)
just look closely and it will say on the board AUDIO_EN
and if ya can't find it, LOOK ON PAGE 28 in the manual (top)

if ya need anymore help e-mail me dude I'll help ya out

Also make sure that the option ( PLUG N PLAY OS) is enabled

metal-@rogers.com

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by metal143 on 05/15/02 01:15 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

>> Do you have a PCI Audio Card in any of your slots.(ex.
>> Audigy, Live!)
>> Cause if ya do, you have to remove it to see the menu
>> for the onboard Audio in the BIOS, and also make sure
>> the jumper is set to enable.

Oh, that's just frotzed! Yes, I do have an Audigy installed. It's not being auto-detected, which led me to the BIOS and the magic switch that only appears when there's no other card installed. *grumble*

Thanks! I never would have thought of that.

/me wanders off to see if this works, grumbing al the while at Asus's inability to post such an important little tidbit on a FAQ that can be *located* on their site.

Cheers!

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
wellcom to asus tech support. enjoy your stay.

one of the many reasons why i dont use asus anymore.

My Next Performance System!!! - P4 Celleron, 128k cache, SDRAM, Integrated graphics, 5400rpm HDD!