Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe Motherboard Upgrade

santosud

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
I currently have a 939 Socket motherboard that is a homebuilt system. Just upgraded to AMD 185 Opteron Processor, 700 Watt Power Supply, 8800 GTS Video card, and added 2 GB of memory and now have a little over 3 GB of memory now. I am not looking at getting a new computer because of this. I am having problems with my A8N-SLI Deluxe motherboard with the Southbridge Chipset Fan; wire inside fan rubs against fan blades and that is where loud noise is coming from. I have disconnected fan wire from motherboard, which caused problems in the past of not booting up because it was getting too hot causing failure. One of the two LAN cnnections on the motherboard no longer works as well. I am looking to upgrade this motherboard to a better one for what I have and I want to stay with 939 socketed systems as I am trying to stay away from spending a lot of money and Windows Vista. Any suggestions on a new motherboard for what I have would be greatly appreciated. You can send an e-mail to me at 'das137@yahoo.com' with a reply.

Thanks in Advance,
David

"You cannot run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!"

"You cannot run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!"

Socket 939 was discontinued years ago. You will likely not find a siingle MB Mfg.'er making one currently. The fan issue has been known for many years. ASUS used to send out a new NB fan if you contacted them. EBAY currently has several replacement fans listed. Or like I prefer to refer to it, Wet dream material? Woof. :lol:

http://shop.ebay.com/items/_W0QQ_nkwZAsusQ20A8NQ2dSLIQ20DeluxeQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZR40QQ_mdoZ

santosud

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
I thought that was the same MB but I could be wrong I will have to look at the guide and box again. If it is not I will check Newegg.com as well as EBAY, Pricewatch, and Amazon. Thank you very much for the info ragsters. I will check it out.

Thanks in Advance,
David

santosud

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
Previous post that I sent to myself was for you. Sorry I did it incorrectly. Thanks for the help. I will check it out.

Thanks in Advance,
David