[SOLVED] ASUS AC 1900 Router Becomes Unresponsive

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdph536

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2015
Recently my ASUS AC 1900 has become unresponsive by meaning I cannot access the Admin section.

Also there are times where the internet speed is so much slower on the router vs directly to the modem. I.e. I have 200mbps service and on the router I pull less than 5mbps but direct wire I pull around 180mbps. This is intermittent.

I bought the ASUS AC 1900 in January from Amazon.

Though I do have an unusual set up meaning that I also have a NetGear 4g LTE modem in the mix of my network.

I have my network wired as such- >>> Cable Modem >>> NetGear 4g LTE modem >>> ASUS AC 1900

So I guess its plausible the slow down may be tied back to the NetGear 4G LTE modem but I have confirmed that it is not in a failover mode.

I have this set up so if my internet goes out there is a fail over to the NetGear 4G LTE modem to provide minimal backup for critical items on my network.

I am not sure where to troubleshoot... not sure if I should be periodically rebooting the modems/routers, etc

I would hope the ASUS router is not failing since I just bought it in January.

sdph536

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2015
Yep, I did and now I can get to it.... seems better now that I have restarted it.

I did install a new modem today with 1gb service but hardwired through the router I can only pull about 500mbps ... if I direct wire bypassing the router I can get in the 900+ range....

Do the routers really down down the speed by that much?

I also tested my wifi and there is no noticeable speed difference from going from 200mpps to the 1gb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS