[SOLVED] ASUS AC53 VPN setup

Jan 16, 2020
Hi everybody,
happy to be in the forum, I am new here, and not much IT experience.
I just bought a RT-AC53 router for setting it up for VPN, in order to allow VPN access to all the devices I have.
I am especially interested in connecting the smart TV.
Now I see around that there are no clear instruction how to do setup the VPN on this particular modem. It seems that is not included in any guide/tutorial out there.

Is there someone that could help me in this?
I have a rmodem provided by the internet provider, I'd like to bridge it and use the ASUS router.

thanks a lot for the help!
ciao
F

Solution
That is one of the easier router to setup vpn on. Asus has incorporated many of the vpn setup screens from the third party merlin builds that run on many asus routers (not your unfortunately).

Setting vpn is not something that can be simply explained on a forum post. I would first pick a vpn provider that support router based vpn. Most of the larger well known ones like PIA or Nord support this. Most these providers have sample setup instructions for the asus routers. In many cases there is a small configuration file you can download and load into the asus router so you do not even have to type it in.
That is one of the easier router to setup vpn on. Asus has incorporated many of the vpn setup screens from the third party merlin builds that run on many asus routers (not your unfortunately).

Setting vpn is not something that can be simply explained on a forum post. I would first pick a vpn provider that support router based vpn. Most of the larger well known ones like PIA or Nord support this. Most these providers have sample setup instructions for the asus routers. In many cases there is a small configuration file you can download and load into the asus router so you do not even have to type it in.

Solution