[SOLVED] asus ac66u vs asus ac86u solved

carstereoguy

Distinguished
May 20, 2006
my internet speed is 5mb down and 1 mb up.
with the 66u I get 5.0 mb and 20 ms ping but with the a86u I only get 4.5 down and ping is over 75 to 800ms. Any idea why and how I can fix it thanks

Solution
Go back to using the 66u ?

The 86u is massively faster in many ways than the 66u so it should always be able to provide service on a 5mbps internet connection.

All I can think of is that the 86u selected different radio channels or maybe your equipment selected the 2.4g or 5g band and it was using the other one on the 66u.

Check the firmware for patches but it almost has to be interference that is causing the high ping times so it is much more likely a radio channel thing.
Go back to using the 66u ?

The 86u is massively faster in many ways than the 66u so it should always be able to provide service on a 5mbps internet connection.

All I can think of is that the 86u selected different radio channels or maybe your equipment selected the 2.4g or 5g band and it was using the other one on the 66u.

Check the firmware for patches but it almost has to be interference that is causing the high ping times so it is much more likely a radio channel thing.

Reactions: carstereoguy
Solution