[SOLVED] Asus AC88 showing same network with added numbers

blackcesar

Reputable
Jun 8, 2015
Hello,

I have bought the Asus AC88 PCI wifi [card] and it is really good so far. Speed are fine even though I've noticed sometimes they fluctuate.
More weirdly though, it shows the same network I'm connected to with increased numbers added such as;

networkname_5g
networkname_5g_1
networkname_5g_2
networkname_5g_6

I've tried unistalling and reinstalling the drivers but it doens't work that much and I'm really curious to understand why is it doing this. On the other devices like Iphone it shows only one.

Thank you

Solution
Could be from old/previous WiFi Profiles on that PC which is why they don't appear on other devices like phone etc.

Windows maintains a list of WiFi profiles automatically but doesn't remove them automatically so must be done manually in "manage wireless networks" section of Network & Internet utility in Windows 10.
Could be from old/previous WiFi Profiles on that PC which is why they don't appear on other devices like phone etc.

Windows maintains a list of WiFi profiles automatically but doesn't remove them automatically so must be done manually in "manage wireless networks" section of Network & Internet utility in Windows 10.

Reactions: blackcesar
Solution