[SOLVED] ASUS Accept My RMA?

SubaruWRX244

Honorable
May 11, 2017
Upon receiving my Asus GTX 1080, the GPU was really warm while under load (PUBG) . The temps were at 83C and the GPU was only boosting to 1880MHZ. Iv'e had a 1070 run at 2100MHZ and even a 1050 TI ! However I decided to take apart the GPU and slap my liquid cooler on it. Everything was going super well until the GPU fan connector got stuck. It wouldn't come out of the GPU so my buddy decided to use pliers. Next thing you know he slips and snags the blue wire . The connector is still very stuck and now one of the 4 small cables are broken. I also noticed there was barely any thermal compound. I decided to close the GPU back up and RMA it. Using it after the accident makes the GPUN hit 96C and thermal throttle. Fan is broken/stuck at 100%.

MY QUESTION: I sent the GPU out and am hoping Asus honors there warranty even though I caused physical damage. The reason I'm curious if they will decline is because I didn't pierce the warranty sticker on the screw ( I used pliers to turn it ) . I my RMA description I noted that the card runs hot and its loud. Basically the card looks like I didn't open it.

cbrocks06

Proper
Dec 27, 2018

? usually theres a small white sticker on one of the screws on the board

SubaruWRX244

Honorable
May 11, 2017

Im aware but I did a work around and use a pair of pliers to turn and twist it . Therefore the card looks like its untouched and not opened......

USAFRet

Titan

All you can do is wait and see what they say.
Asus is the final arbiter of this.