Asus Adds ROG BIOS Integration To Claymore Mechanical Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

lun471k

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
I was about to buy a razer blackwidow chroma stealth. I might wait to see what this keyboard really has to offer. Those hotkeys look really useful for an OC enthusiast like me.

lp231

Splendid
I don't find this "bios key" that exciting. Maybe it's because I'm having a hard time understanding what's so special about it. You can just tap del or f1/f2 to enter the bios. To hold fn+Bios key and then power up the system to enter bios is just stupid.

Quixit

Reputable
Dec 22, 2014
Looks interesting, I might be willing to give this a shot if they undercut established brands (Razer, Logitech, etc.). My desk is rather narrow and a detachable numeric pad is the best of both worlds.

Quixit

Reputable
Dec 22, 2014
I don't find this "bios key" that exciting. Maybe it's because I'm having a hard time understanding what's so special about it. You can just tap del or f1/f2 to enter the bios. To hold fn+Bios key and then power up the system to enter bios is just stupid.

It kinda depends how quickly your computer boots. Mine boots in about 12 seconds and to get into the bios you need to hit ESC in a 1-2 second period and then F12 no more than 5 seconds after that. I normally get in through Windows shift-restart function, but if I'm having a problem with the PC getting in to the bios can be annoying.

tom10167

Honorable
Apr 9, 2014
the best feature this could have is allowing me to turn my PC on by pushing any button on the keyboard. Is this an option? Not talking about waking up.

tom10167

Honorable
Apr 9, 2014
the best feature this could have is allowing me to turn my PC on by pushing any button on the keyboard. Is this an option? Not talking about waking up.

Mac266

Honorable
Mar 12, 2014

Most Motherboards have a "Power On by Keypress" setting these days.

abbadon_34

Distinguished
Whole things sound unnecessary at first, but those who don't know the latest ROG series came with an external wired "OC Panel" http://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/RAMPAGE_V_EXTREMEU31/
which if this can replace/replicate is quite useful, especially for remote access.

firefoxx04

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
Everyone is worried about the boot into bios button. I am more curious about the OC buttons. I would love to be able to switch between stock, mild, and high overclock settings while booted into my OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.