ASUS AI Suite III Setup will not start

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vijaywrox

Honorable
Apr 17, 2013
Hi All,
I just bought a new PC. The configuration is below. I have installed all the drivers and essentials. I want to install the AI suite III but not able to because the setup won't start.

I've clicked on the setup.exe and the asussetup.exe as well. I went to ASUS website, downloaded the suite for my OS and same thing happens. Nothing comes up on the screen. The process could be seen in my Task Manager just sitting there for hours and the setup still starting.

Kindly help me solve this issue.

Asus Z87-Pro
Intel Core i5 4670k
16Gb Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz DDR3
2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM
3GB ASUS Radeon HD 7950 DirectCU II TOP

Solution
Hi All

I've have had the same problem and been trying to work it out since I bought this mobo back in Oct. Today I have finally worked it out. All you need to do is download the latest version of AISuite III, right click on the zip file, properties , and click the big button that says Unblock and hit apply. You will now be able to install without any of the above post and if needed you will be able to uninstall without any problems.

I hope this works.

Enjoy
Mar 22, 2014

Thank you. This post concluded my 3 days dealing with this problem.

best

EMTCJ_65

Commendable
May 12, 2016
HI guys!
SO I found the actual solution to the issue. The AI Suite 3 folder when downloaded from the asus website initially was blocked by MS Defender. So i downloaded the file on another computer and unzipped the file to a usb pen drive. I stopped here to right click on the Ai Suite 3 folder and went to properties on the unzipped folder to check if it was blocked - it was not. I then plugged the usb pen drive into the computer i was having issues on and again i stopped to right click on the Ai Suite 3 folder to make sure nothing was blocking it again. The file was not blocked so i proceeded to run the Aisetup.exe file with admin privileges and everything installed perfectly the first time. Hope this helps everyone =)

G

Gareth Tandy YOU LEGEND! Just assembled new pc and had this same asus suite problem, now it works like a charm! So Simple! Thanks!

ibanez74

Commendable
May 21, 2016
There's an easier way to unlock all files inside the AISuite (3) within a few secondes.

Things you need:

- actual download of AISuite (unzipped)
- freeware tool named "Streams" from MS Technet: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/streams.aspx

Download and unzip the content of Streams (EXE & Eula) to a temporary folder, for example: C:\Tmp

Download and unzip the AISuite to the same folder and rename it to C:\Tmp\AISuite3 (much easier when typing)

Now start a CMD-Shell as Administrator. To do that, click on start, type CMD, rightclick the result and select "Run as administrator". Inside the CMD-Shell type "cd C:\tmp" (without quotation marks). After this type "streams -s -d AISuite3" (again without quotation marks). Accept the Eula and you should see a large list of processed files. Close the shell, navigate to C:\Tmp\AISuite3 and start the setup.

Works on Win 7, 8, 8.1 and 10.

gvertes

Honorable
Jun 5, 2016

Thanks Gareth! This worked for me after trying a few other things!

Cathy Semi-Geek

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2008
Thanks to all of you for your hard work and suggestions. I've tried a few things, even running it as the Administrator - in the Admin account. It kept getting hung up. I took it upon myself to kill the 'hung process'
axinst.exe., but it only did one more app after that.
Sooo, I think credit goes to montyb for suggesting have alll users run each .exe file as Admin.
And the other credit goes to bobmail telling us to kill the process axinst.exe and then it would take off.
When I went into all my exe files to unblock them, none were blocked. So the difference has to be adding the Run in Admin mode to all users. (I'm about to find out)

And it sounds like there are ways I could have saved a ton of keystrokes if I had gotten on here sooner. Oh well, Live and Learn.

Cathy Semi-Geek

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2008
After getting all the great advice on here, I started the installl of ai suite 3. It hung up, like we all knew on that one file. I killed it and the process took off again. Then it got hung up again. After an hour I killed that process. Then it never resumed.
Started looking at each folder under Ai Suite 3 and saw the Data.rar files in almost every sub folder. I tried to open one, and it said file was corrupt.
I thought, well the application is going to use the data so it's not supposed to 'extract' like a normal rar file.
Can you guys confirm that for me? I'm about to play kickball with my PC.

Please, anybody have a clue about those Unextracted DATA files in each folder? Is that OK? And why, oh why can't my PC finish the install. I'm running from the admin account, my dir name is 'aisuite3'. I set all exe's to compatability run as Admin for all users. (but Hell, that shouldn't even matter since I'm logged in as Administrator and running from Admin.

Please help a desperate woman...

Derek4Real

Commendable
Jun 29, 2016

Thank you so much! Worked for me. Had a ton of problems w AI Suite after installing Strix 1080. Now everything is great! You're the man!

Kargor

Commendable
Jul 31, 2016

Thanks. Even in 2016, this bug still exists (and I'm assuming it's the same on other Asus tools that I tried in the past and that wouldn't even install).

The solutions also immediately tells why this is happening: nobody at Asus actually downloads the software to test it. They probably have it on an internal fileserver... and since they probably avoid getting information from actual users, they still haven't fixed this.

issachar1943

Commendable
Oct 4, 2016

Unbelievable! After 3 yrs they still didn't fix the problem?

Your solution still works like a charm! Thanks!

Matthew_D84

Commendable
Oct 18, 2016

I tried every single solution here to no avail! THIS FINALLY FIXED THE PROBLEM!!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

ROLL BACK YOUR SMBUS driver in device manager! Mine was broadcom rolled back to intel driver! now everything works perfectly!!!!

LORDZERG

Commendable
Oct 22, 2016
I found out what is the problem with that. It is the chipset driver i reinstalled my windows then i installed new intel drivers and AIsuit3 stoped with some weird error. Now I after reading many forums last thing that I read was this post. It was about rollback SMbus driver and then i reinstalled the last chipset driver for my motherboard which was older then this but now AIsuite is working...

Rudolf9

Commendable
Oct 27, 2016
Hi All,
My problem was the same. After a few days, and reinstallation of programs and windows, I found the problem. Just before the error appeared for the first time, I shut the whole motherboard power supply at the source, due to the installation of additional fans. Since then he made the mistake and did not go to work with the Asus AI Suite. I therefore once again turned the power off across the motherboard, leaving little off and then turned on again. Since then again AI Suite works.

I hope someone help.

Enjoy

Well I too have tried everything suggested here to no avail.
I've had this new ASUS 970 Pro Gaming Aura running for 1 week and I can't get AISuite III to run.
During the install I get a dialog box that reads "the setup.exe has stopped running". so I clicked on it and the Install continued and finished, asking me to reboot.
Also, during the install I would get a Rub dialog box for each module. After shortening the name of the Install directory and placing it in the root of C:, those Run dialog boxes did not appear during installation. I thought I was home free but no.
I did reboot and when Windows 7 Desktop came back up I got 2 Dialog Boxes for "Unknown Name"...one for AISuite3 and the other for something called "Dipawaymode".

The only thing I haven't tried is installing the Chipset Drivers. I did NOT re-install Windows when I switched mobos because the new one uses the same chipset as the old one (M5A97 EVO).

I spoke with ASUSSupport and they said it wasn't necessary but if I wanted to and I was having an issue to go ahead (but create a Restore Point first).
I am at the end of my rope here. I mean it's not a big deal but you would think that they would have tested it.

The previous version of AISuite worked fine on my old mobo but then I did a fresh install of Windows 7 with that one (including the Chipset Drivers) so who knows...maybe...

I'll try and report back.

Update...I installed the Chipset Drivers and still did not have any luck. Very strange.

Wh00pAss

Commendable
Dec 25, 2016
This just worked for me.

Download the zip from asus.

Right click the zip and hit properties.

At the bottom click the "Unblock" check box then hit OK.

Unzip the zip and run AsusSetup.exe

You must unblock the ZIP before you extract the files so that all the files in the extracted folder are unblocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.