[SOLVED] ASUS AI SUITE - overclocking

Mar 22, 2021
  • Have this motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X570-F
  • Installed latest version of AI Suite from ASUS.
Clicked on 5-Way Optimization:
Under TPU -> Alternatives:
  • Fast tuning
  • Extremen tunning

Alternatives:
- TPU 1
-TPU 2.
What is the different betweem them?

When I click on "Extreme tunning", I get a new tab poping up:
"Stress test distribution": With a cake with CPU(light blue) and DRAM(Dark blue).
I can drag the DRAM up so it's covered more of the "cake".
What is the best to do here?

Total stress test duration:
It's on 25 sec default.
How much is recommended here? It can be up to 1 hour...?

CPU Ratio stability: Here is Aggressive default.

I can choose to use "Enable CPU advanced vector extensions(AVX) instruction set during stress test"
Should I do this? And what is it?

Target CPU coltage tuning.. Target CPU frequence tuning.. Target CPU temperature tuning..:
The rest is set to OFF.

Hope to get some help :D , thanks!

Solution
Research. Start reading. There's plenty of forums, posts on reddit or Asus ROG, gamersnexus, Linus tech tips, hardware unboxed, overclockers.uk, techpowerup etc that can point you in the right direction, but ultimately you have to realize your pc is not identical to anyone else's, so some settings values will be different. Software is never the best solution. Ever. Because it's generic, it cannot take into consideration any differences you might have.

Software is subject to corruption. I'm sure you've seen a glitch or two in programs or even freezes or shutdown to desktop or some such.

Your cpu runs on @ 1.232v±. Imagine what would happen if the software gliched and demanded the cpu run at 12.32v instead.

Everything has a physical...
  • Have this motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X570-F
  • Installed latest version of AI Suite from ASUS.
Clicked on 5-Way Optimization:
Under TPU -> Alternatives:
  • Fast tuning
  • Extremen tunning
Alternatives:
- TPU 1
-TPU 2.
What is the different betweem them?

When I click on "Extreme tunning", I get a new tab poping up:
"Stress test distribution": With a cake with CPU(light blue) and DRAM(Dark blue).
I can drag the DRAM up so it's covered more of the "cake".
What is the best to do here?

Total stress test duration:
It's on 25 sec default.
How much is recommended here? It can be up to 1 hour...?

CPU Ratio stability: Here is Aggressive default.

I can choose to use "Enable CPU advanced vector extensions(AVX) instruction set during stress test"
Should I do this? And what is it?

Target CPU coltage tuning.. Target CPU frequence tuning.. Target CPU temperature tuning..:
The rest is set to OFF.

Hope to get some help :D , thanks!
One word of advice, DON'T use AiSuite for overclocking, it's nothing but trouble. Instead OC from BIOS itself or with Ryzen Master if you have to OC at all.
Latest RM does a good job for OC even on Auto OC.
TPU1 and 2 are also available from BIOS, they are just some presets to use but results are mediocre at best often producing results bellow automatic boost settings. They don't take into account which CPU is used.
Auto OC option in RM also checks for stability before it finishes.
For RAM, use DOCP to set XMP of your memory.
PS:
Before you do anything of sort, make sure you have adequate or above adequate cooling depending on CPU, OEM cooler would not allow for practically any OC, barely enough for normal operation.

Mar 22, 2021
One word of advice, DON'T use AiSuite for overclocking, it's nothing but trouble. Instead OC from BIOS itself or with Ryzen Master if you have to OC at all.
Latest RM does a good job for OC even on Auto OC.
TPU1 and 2 are also available from BIOS, they are just some presets to use but results are mediocre at best often producing results bellow automatic boost settings. They don't take into account which CPU is used.
Auto OC option in RM also checks for stability before it finishes.
For RAM, use DOCP to set XMP of your memory.
PS:
Before you do anything of sort, make sure you have adequate or above adequate cooling depending on CPU, OEM cooler would not allow for practically any OC, barely enough for normal operation.
Thanks for your feedback Mike.
I tried the AiSuite 5-Way Optimization:
Choose "Fast Tuning".
And tried to choose TPU1 first, and then TPU2.

The result was: CPU Speed: 13% up..
CPU: 4300.0 MHz.
Ratio: 043.00 - 4300 MHz.
BCLK frequence: 100.000 MHz.

VDDRCR CPU voltage: 1.2000(V)
DRAM Voltage: 1.350(V)
VDDCR SOC Voltage: 1.10000(V).

I have a AMD Ryzen 7 5800X..
How to I set the AiSuite to default again, if you say that Ryzen Master is better...

Thanks again.

Thanks for your feedback Mike.
I tried the AiSuite 5-Way Optimization:
Choose "Fast Tuning".
And tried to choose TPU1 first, and then TPU2.

The result was: CPU Speed: 13% up..
CPU: 4300.0 MHz.
Ratio: 043.00 - 4300 MHz.
BCLK frequence: 100.000 MHz.

VDDRCR CPU voltage: 1.2000(V)
DRAM Voltage: 1.350(V)
VDDCR SOC Voltage: 1.10000(V).

I have a AMD Ryzen 7 5800X..
How to I set the AiSuite to default again, if you say that Ryzen Master is better...

Thanks again.
Uninstall AiSuite properly and completely, best using Revo Uninstaller or similar, reset CMOS to factory defaults and set DOCP to best XMP of your RAM. Make sure you have latest chipset drivers installed as well as latest Ryzen Master and give it a try.
4.3GHz is not an overclock, more like underclock comparing to boost and PBO settings. Just with thos auto settings processor should boost to 4.7GHz on one core and about 4.5GHz on rest of cores.

Mar 22, 2021
Uninstall AiSuite properly and completely, best using Revo Uninstaller or similar, reset CMOS to factory defaults and set DOCP to best XMP of your RAM. Make sure you have latest chipset drivers installed as well as latest Ryzen Master and give it a try.
4.3GHz is not an overclock, more like underclock comparing to boost and PBO settings. Just with thos auto settings processor should boost to 4.7GHz on one core and about 4.5GHz on rest of cores.
Thanks, I did this.

Now the res is:
Temperature:
Current: 37 'C.
Maximum: 90'C.

CPU clock Speed:
Current 200-300 MHz..
Maximum: 4 950 MHz.

CPU voltage:
Current: 1 - 1.2 volt
Maxiumum: Auto

Control mode: Auto OC.

Any tweeks you recommend in Ryzen Master?

I have , are you sure it's workng optimally ? for processor(AMD Ryzen 7 5800X)
And x6 Lian Li UNI FAN SL120 for the cabinet.

Why? :)
And suggestions for more tunning in the Ryzen Master?
That's good cooler. are you sure it's working optimally ? 90c is just at the border of heat throttling. Suggest you make pump work full speed and radiator fans to more aggressive curve. 80c at full load would be admissible for 5800x.

Mar 22, 2021
I'd recommend that you dump Ai tuner entirely. I like Asus Suite, have for years, it's a useful tool. But not as a permanent solution. It's a tinkering toy, just to answer 'what if'.

Bios is a permanent solution. There's no ambiguity. And being bios, it's as real as it gets.
Clock Tuner for Ryzen 3/5 series

Might give you some direction.
I am not that good in overclocking.
The best would be if the software could do it :p

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Research. Start reading. There's plenty of forums, posts on reddit or Asus ROG, gamersnexus, Linus tech tips, hardware unboxed, overclockers.uk, techpowerup etc that can point you in the right direction, but ultimately you have to realize your pc is not identical to anyone else's, so some settings values will be different. Software is never the best solution. Ever. Because it's generic, it cannot take into consideration any differences you might have.

Software is subject to corruption. I'm sure you've seen a glitch or two in programs or even freezes or shutdown to desktop or some such.

Your cpu runs on @ 1.232v±. Imagine what would happen if the software gliched and demanded the cpu run at 12.32v instead.

Everything has a physical address. That's the 0.0FFF at pci buss 131 stuff. That includes temp sensors. Half the time the temp reading is wrong, because the software is reading the wrong sensor at the wrong address. For instance, my cpu might be running 31°C according to an actual temp sensor in use. Asus Suite reads 40°C at the same time. According to other imputs, that 40°C is not the cpu temp, but the socket temp, which is entirely different. AS is reading the wrong thing.

Asus suite reads my psu 12v rail as 10.12v. The pc wouldn't run at all if the psu was at 10v.

Software is a tool used for you to get an answer, it's not The Answer. And that applies to overclocking especially.

Last edited:
Reactions: CountMike
Solution
Mar 22, 2021

Everything has a physical address. That's the 0.0FFF at pci buss 131 stuff. That includes temp sensors. Half the time the temp reading is wrong, because the software is reading the wrong sensor at the wrong address. For instance, my cpu might be running 31°C according to an actual temp sensor in use. Asus Suite reads 40°C at the same time. According to other imputs, that 40°C is not the cpu temp, but the socket temp, which is entirely different. AS is reading the wrong thing.

Asus suite reads my psu 12v rail as 10.12v. The pc wouldn't run at all if the psu was at 10v.

Software is a tool used for you to get an answer, it's not The Answer. And that applies to overclocking especially.
Thanks a lot for your input!
Really helps.