[SOLVED] ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi) ATX Motherboard with PCIe 4.0 New Install and CPU

go7hic13

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
Hi I just purchased a ew Ryzen 5 3600X(I know, i know hold down the overclocking issues for now). I also purchased this...

ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi) ATX Motherboard with PCIe 4.0, Dual M.2, 12+2 with Dr. MOS Power Stage, HDMI, DP, SATA 6Gb/s, USB 3.2 Gen 2 and Aura Sync RGB Lighting
Ok... That sort of jumps out at you... Anway It's been over 15 years since I've built a new PC from scratch and I had two quick questions....

How is the mother board connected now to the case (I haven't received the Mobo yet) If I required some sort of special attachments or screws now. Th other question is if I wanted to later say upgade to a 3900X would the thermal paste do any damage to the socket? Anything I need to know about it. to making the upgraded CPU easier to install?

Thanks!!

Solution
Just in case you wanna operate the system without an additional graphics card:
Be aware, that the motherboard has video outputs, which won´t work with the 3600X. You will need a discrete graphics card to get a picture on the screen or an APU.

WaltzWorker

Reputable
Mar 18, 2015
Generally you'll get everything you need in the MB box minus the screw driver(s). Its basically the same.
Now a days CPU installation/upgrading is virtually the same - make sure the MB can handle the new CPU. The CPU may come with a thermal pad instead of the old grease; albeit it maybe grease lol With installation of CPU's these days "Cooler" height is a concern. The Ryzen 9 3900X comes with a stock Wraith Prism cooler, which is for many situations good enough if not better... Apparently this may have a switch setting (Low and High) on the side of the fan - remove a side panel. I think its around 90mm or so, but case mfg's will tell you something along the lines of max cpu cooler height...

Just in case you wanna operate the system without an additional graphics card:
Be aware, that the motherboard has video outputs, which won´t work with the 3600X. You will need a discrete graphics card to get a picture on the screen or an APU.

Solution

Latest posts