[SOLVED] ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)

treefrogannr

Prominent
Feb 18, 2022
I replaced my original question with the following.

I give up on the raid. Instead I got Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB as OS drive. and SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB as Storage or game drive when OS drive fills up. Also a 2TB HDD

Now this is the Ram I got. 32GB in total.

I can't run the test because I have not installed OS yet.

Anyway to get my RAM to go at Rated Speed of 4800MHz

PC Spec:

CPU - Ryzen 9 5950X
GPU - RTX 3070
RAM - T-Force Xtreem 32GB Kit (4x8GB) 4800MHz
Mobo - Asus AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus Wifi
OS SSD - Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe 4.0
Storage SSD - SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB
HDD - Seagate BarraCuda 2TB
Power Supply - EVGA 750 BQ, 80+ BRONZE 750W

Last edited:
Solution
Hi Koekieezz

Whats the max speed ram can i have with my ryzen? I know it can do 3600mhz because i had the same cpu in a 550 board.

could you please explain more about the XMP? I have no idea what it is.

Step by step from begging till finish OS installation if possible.

thank you
with you current processor, a 3733mhz could be attainable. 4000mhz should be if it is a really good bin, so you could try to enable xmp profile and decrease the dram voltage to 1.36v or 1.4v, and downclock to 3600 or 3933mhz (even if it's bootable). i could help you tweak your ram, but you should update your mobo bios to the latest first, and then install the latest chipset driver on windows from amd website after the OS installation...
I updated the bios

I set up raid by following this. I have the AMD CPU so you have to scroll down until you see AMD cpu raid setup steps.

I did everything it says and am stuck on step 9 https://ibb.co/GW5zybX

(I have 2 NVMe drive (Want Raid 0) Does it matter? or are my better on running single NVMe Drive as boot drive?
(I also have 4 x 2tb drive(want Raid 0) Or is it only possible with 3 x HDD not 4?

When I click on "Select Raid Level" I see nothing, there were no choice for me to chose Raid 0

Anybody know what is going on?

Also I purchased DDR4 4800MHz Ram and on bios it says its running at 2400MHz

I manually set Ram speed from auto to 4800MHz and save bios and restart computer. My computer will turn on for a sec and it will turn off and turn on again and off again. It will boot up on the 3rd time.

when I go into bios, Ram Speed is still set to 4800MHz but bio is only reporting Ram running at 2400MHz

Please help

thank you
what are the detailed specs? also could you give a thaiphoon burner read of your ram and zentimings read and post it here?

Last edited:

treefrogannr

Prominent
Feb 18, 2022
I give up on the raid. Instead I got Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB as OS drive. and SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB as Storage or game drive when OS drive fills up. Also a 2TB HDD

PC Spec:

CPU - Ryzen 9 5950X
GPU - RTX 3070

PC Spec:

CPU - Ryzen 9 5950X
GPU - RTX 3070
Okay, first, you can't do 4800mhz in ryzen without halving the FCLK and UCLK Halved to 1200. For now, it is better to install the OS without XMP, and do the xmp after this.

Best way to do this is by enabling XMP, then downclock to 3200, and then try to boot up, and give a zentimings of your xmp + downclock to 3200mhz (do not adjust the timings yet).

treefrogannr

Prominent
Feb 18, 2022
Hi Koekieezz

Whats the max speed ram can i have with my ryzen? I know it can do 3600mhz because i had the same cpu in a 550 board.

thank you

Hi Koekieezz

thank you
with you current processor, a 3733mhz could be attainable. 4000mhz should be if it is a really good bin, so you could try to enable xmp profile and decrease the dram voltage to 1.36v or 1.4v, and downclock to 3600 or 3933mhz (even if it's bootable). i could help you tweak your ram, but you should update your mobo bios to the latest first, and then install the latest chipset driver on windows from amd website after the OS installation is finished.

Tag me once you already done setting up windows and doing the stuff above, i prefer to just run the ram on stock speed no xmp, till windows stuffs is finished.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS