Question ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus WiFi

Chrisweasel1981

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2016
So, I just finished assembling my PC, get it plugged in and turn it on, and then nothing. Fan's start spinning, none of the problem LED lights up, so I turn it off and try to see if I missed anything. I did, the EATX 12V_2. I get that plugged in, reconnect power, and now the motherboard doesn't even power up. My question is, do I have a faulty board, or do I just need to take it apart and just check if I missed anything. Any help would be appreciated!

So, I just finished assembling my PC, get it plugged in and turn it on, and then nothing. Fan's start spinning, none of the problem LED lights up, so I turn it off and try to see if I missed anything. I did, the EATX 12V_2. I get that plugged in, reconnect power, and now the motherboard doesn't even power up. My question is, do I have a faulty board, or do I just need to take it apart and just check if I missed anything. Any help would be appreciated!
Troubleshooting threads like this require a complete detailed list of all the parts used. If any parts are used from a previous system that should also be indicated.

And also...follow the new-system troubleshooting guide here:

And consider doing a bench-test first. That entails pulling it out of the case, laying the motherboard on top of it's box and then hooking everything up outside and testing it there first.

Chrisweasel1981

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2016
I ran down the list to troubleshoot it. Amazon has sent a replacement already, and same problem. The RGB on the motherboard lights up, and when I hit the power button, the GPU and the chipset fans fire up for about a second before turning off. The Q-LED's don't turn on to point me in the direction of what I need to do.

Ryzen 5 2600 *used
Asus AM4 Tuff Gaming X570 Wi-Fi *open box from amazon
G.Skill F4-3600C17D-16GVK *previous build
Western Digital Black SN750 NVMe M.2 2280 1 TB PCI-Express 3.0 x4 *previous build
Rosewill PHOTON Series 850W Full Modular Gaming Power Supply 80 PLUS Gold Certified *previous build

Last edited: