News Asus and MSI Flagship Z590 Motherboards Will Cost A Small Fortune

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Ladies and gentlemen rejoice, for we now have even more motherboards(in a single product stack) matching and surpassing the cost of HEDT ones...

This is really getting out of hand.
At the same time, my X299 Prime Deluxe now feels 'cheap' by comparison, and I paid ~500USD for the thing!

Last edited:

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
So long as they aren't removing features from "lower" end boards, to justify the insane prices, I say let them charge twice that. If someone wants to pay $3000 for a motherboard, let them. It makes no difference to me if someone wants to waste money on their epeen.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2021
I am honestly sick of tall the handwringing and complaining about price hikes. You people need to understand that the consumer base for the DIY market has broadened significantly, it's a popular thing. And more consumers will meet the demand.

Stop whinging, work harder, and then buy.

excalibur1814

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
I am honestly sick of tall the handwringing and complaining about price hikes. You people need to understand that the consumer base for the DIY market has broadened significantly, it's a popular thing. And more consumers will meet the demand.

What if you DO work harder AND have the money, but realise that you're simply being ripped off?

Reactions: panathas

itzmec

Reputable
Aug 30, 2016

are you seriously whining about the whiners?

Jan 19, 2021
$1800 dollar mobos are obv a thing within the WS and Server space but for a consumer desktop mobo??? I can understand the glacial going for perhaps 1100-1200 but 1800 is so egregiously ridiculous even for an ASUS ROG board that I smell <Mod Edit>. I can't conceive of a rationale for that price point. The maximus xii extreme board is apparently not all that different than the baseline xiii extreme and no monoblock is worth nearly 1k dollars. Something isn't right here.

Last edited by a moderator: