Asus Announces One of World's First Convertible Ultrabooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

alfaalex101

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
I hope it has three USB ports, great battery life and a digitizer...oh...what am I doing other than mopping about my EP121. Two ports (let alone one...Surface Pro what were you thinking!?) are really limiting and anything under a four hour battery life really brings to moot any study sessions away from a wall. Lack of a digitizer basically removes a lot of productivity from the tablet reducing it to - "oh look, I can swipe this menu up and down while the normal laptop user can perform that same end task faster albeit..not without the same tactile experience that I shelled+$1000 for!)

Don't screw this one up Asus....(whispers: I love you..!)

webdev511

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2005
So it's kind of like the HP EliteBook Revolve only announced a month later. Of course the Revolve won't let you detach, but the Envy 2x will, but that's Clover Trail, not Ivy Bridge. Well at least we're getting more variety in the market.

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
4GB ram, if there's no paid option to go to 8GB or its not upgradeable (which its probably not), this isn't worth it.

Boggles my mind how many of the ultra thin ultrabooks and hybrid / PRO machines are fixed at 4GB with no option for 8GB. Luckily some manufacturers like Lenovo and 1 or 2 others have announced 8GB models to be released in the next 3-6 months. Completely holding off on a new machine for the wife until an 8GB, ultra thin and lightweight, good resolution machine with the ability to replace the SSD is available.

ChromeTusk

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2010
If the price is right, I want one of these! Tablet mode would work well when I am away from my desk, then I can easily dock it for data entry or other "desktop" needs.

G

HD4000 is actually quality on laptops. On desktops, not so much. Its laptop performance is excellent though for what you save in battery life.

G

yawn

Another WinBlowzz 8 POS..

Upgrade it and put Linux on it...

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
[citation][nom]dimar[/nom]I'd be very interested in getting one if it only had a display of 1920x1200.[/citation]

Its 1080p (1920x1080), is that 120 pixels in the height that much of an issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS