Asus Announces the VivoBook Pro N580

Status
Not open for further replies.

v1adimir

Prominent
Jul 15, 2017
Nice!.. Those specs are COOL!! Price isn't (too) high, it seems like desirable hardware, awesome! :)

Christopher1

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
Hmm.... sounds pretty well outfitted for a laptop. The only thing I am concerned about is that thin laptops with NVidia graphics cards have a history of having overheating problems in them from what I have read on various gamer forums.
Have they fixed those issues? If so, this will be a very good investment for anyone.

There's one other detail worth mentioning, although it could just be my experience.

Several years ago, when the Zen line was introduced, I got one. I've since either personally bought or had close friends get a total of 8 Zen laptops.

My original model, as well as the 3 others purchased in that time frame all still work. In addition, the 2 bought within 2 years of those also still work.

However, both of the laptops purchased in the last two years have broken, one within 9 months of purchase (the earlier purchase), and the other 4 weeks after the purchase (the later purchase, broke before the other failed laptop).

Asus seems to have some pretty serious quality control issues these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.