[SOLVED] Asus anti surge keeps triggering EVERY time when i do something cpu/gpu intensive

Oct 14, 2019
(PC)
Mobo : Asus z170-p
Cpu : i5 6500
Gpu : GTX 1060 6gb Asus dual
RAM : Hyperx 16gb 2x8 2400mhz
Sound Card : Sound Blaster ZX
HDD : Seagate 2tb
SSD : 860 evo 1tb
PSU : Corsair cx500 ----> https://www.corsair.com/ca/en/Categ...Supply-Units/cx-series-config/p/CP-9020047-NA

(Problem)
My PC keeps restarting literally almost every time I do something that makes my gpu and cpu work hard and this occurs after like 10-15 minutes of activity. I had this power supply for 3 years and this Pc for about 2 years and 9 months. Once or twice out of all those years my Pc would get asus anti surge but for the last month the problem has been occurring as stated above. I get that my psu is kinda junk, but I also had an instance when I was playing CS:GO, My computer went to hell and all my lights inside was blinking real fast, fans went on ape mode and I had no display. Resetting the CMOS Worked around this issue and right when we did that this problem has been happening ever since. I also recently got this SSD just so you know, (Like 2.5 weeks ago.) I never wanted to turn off Asus anti surge for the instance when I actually had a PSU problem and I would like to keep my sub par components with me. Better safe then sorry, what do you guys think is going on? PSU is done for? Maybe something could be messed with my mobo? (It was a pretty budget z170 at the time.)

Solution
Asus anti-surge monitors voltages outputted by PSU. If they go out of spec, Asus anti-surge triggers and shuts down your PC to prevent component frying.

Also, your green label CX500 is low quality PSU and equal to current Corsair VS series. I wouldn't even use green label CX or VS series to power an office PC without a dedicated GPU and which never sees any high loads, let alone powering a gaming PC with it with dedicated GPU in it.

Here, only fix is to get new, good quality PSU. This time, do not cheap out on the most important component inside your PC. That being said, i suggest you look towards any Seasonic unit in 500W range, e.g: Focus 550, Focus+ 550, PRIME Ultra 550 Gold or PRIME Ultra 550 Platinum,
pcpp...

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Asus anti-surge monitors voltages outputted by PSU. If they go out of spec, Asus anti-surge triggers and shuts down your PC to prevent component frying.

Also, your green label CX500 is low quality PSU and equal to current Corsair VS series. I wouldn't even use green label CX or VS series to power an office PC without a dedicated GPU and which never sees any high loads, let alone powering a gaming PC with it with dedicated GPU in it.

Here, only fix is to get new, good quality PSU. This time, do not cheap out on the most important component inside your PC. That being said, i suggest you look towards any Seasonic unit in 500W range, e.g: Focus 550, Focus+ 550, PRIME Ultra 550 Gold or PRIME Ultra 550 Platinum,
pcpp: https://pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/bkp323,9nmxFT,KmgzK8,XndxFT/

Warranty wise:
CX (green label): 3 years
Focus: 7 years
Focus+: 10 years
PRIME: 12 years (includes all PRIME models: regular, Fanless, AirTouch, SnowSilent, Ultra)

All 3 of my PCs: Skylake, Haswell and AMD are also powered by Seasonic. Full specs with pics in my sig.

Solution