Jun 11, 2020
For the past 2-3 months, whenever i start up a game, the PC randomly restarts and gives an error saying "Anti surge was triggered due to something (i forgot).
Specs are:
PSU: Cooler Master G750M
Graphics card: RX 580
CPU: i7 3770
RAM: 8GB DDR3

So, for testing i replaced my PSU with my brothers PSU (which is a cheap non branded one). My brothers PSU didnt support the RX 580 as it had 4 pins so i used his GTX 650 (and the rest of the components were mine). It has been more than a week of testing and the Anti surge wasn't triggered.
So what is faulty? My GPU or my PSU? Please reply ASAP as i might buy a new PSU tommorow :V

Solution
Kinda hard to say what is really wrong, but as you already found out is that another psu might solve the issue.

Think that another psu probably will solve your problem, but meant with the above that your current psu (although not great quality) might well still work in another system. You could keep it as back up.

Do buy something of decent quality if you're going to look at something new.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Kinda hard to say what is really wrong, but as you already found out is that another psu might solve the issue.

Think that another psu probably will solve your problem, but meant with the above that your current psu (although not great quality) might well still work in another system. You could keep it as back up.

Do buy something of decent quality if you're going to look at something new.

Solution