[SOLVED] Asus Armoury Crate doesn't show motherboard after in app mobo update.

Mabeline

Prominent
Sep 3, 2019
Hi all,

I recently switched to ASUS Armoury Crate because it had more features on the RGB due to the external editor. All worked well for several weeks, until updating my motherboard in the app when it showed up.
After the in app update for my ASUS B450-F motherboard the lighting completely stopped working on my motherboard and my GPU waterblock as it's synced up to my motherboard over a converter.

I've tried uninstalling, clearing registry, and folders full of all the software that asus dumped on my computer with aura and armoury crate. than reinstalled armoury crate and it still didn't show my motherboard, only my ram is present. Even now when uninstalling armoury crate and installing aura, only my ram will show.
Funnily enough, my motherboard still shows up in the RGB editor for armoury crate, it just doesn't work when I apply effects to it.

tl;dr - switched to armoury crate, updated motherboard through in app update centre, seems to have somewhat bricked my motherboard / gpu block rgb and I can't get it back no matter what I try.

Anybody have an idea on how to solve this?

Full Specs (in case needed):
  • Case: NZXT S340 Elite (black)
  • Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x (@ 4.1GHz / 1.3725V)
  • Loop: EK A240 and EK-AC GeForce RTX D-RGB
  • Memory: G.Skill Trident Z 16GB 3200Mhz
  • GPU: Geforce RTX 2080 Ti Founders Edition (@ Stock Speeds)
  • PSU: Seasonic 750FX
  • SSD: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB
  • HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Solution
In safe mode you can do a number of things:

Verify that all drivers are correct and up-to-date. (Manually download as necessary via manufacturer's website. Reinstall, reconfigure.)

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes and warnings. Reliability History is more user friendly so start there. In any case, you can right click on errors for more information.

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe system performance.

See what all is being launched at Startup via the Startup tab in Task Manager.

Task Scheduler - take a look there. Seems to be becoming another way to slip in other "activities".

Run the built-in Windows Troubleshooters.

Run "sfc /scannow" via the Command Prompt. Reference...

Mabeline

Prominent
Sep 3, 2019
Had the same problem recently. These software are utter garbage. couldn't fix it and was luckily saved by the fact that the kid wanted his pc to have rainbow colors.
If anyone has a solution please post it here.
Well theres the issue, mine doesn't even have rainbow colours anymore. The lighting is straight up off. Only my ram lights up anymore.

Mabeline

Prominent
Sep 3, 2019
for that you might wanna go into the bios and disable then enable (or just enable) leds.
i think its if i remember correctly its in advanced options then in tools but dont quote me.
Did that as well already, it was still turned on in the bios, regardless, turned it off, booted, rebooted to bios, turned it on, rebooted, still nothing.

Ralston18

Titan
Are you able to boot into safe mode?

Also consider that the problem may be coincidental.

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify that all cables, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place. Do so by touch with gentle pressure.

Look for any cables that are kinked, pinched, showing signs of damage such as melted insulation, bare conductor showing.

Use a bright flashlight to inspect everywhere inside the case.

Mabeline

Prominent
Sep 3, 2019
Are you able to boot into safe mode?

Also consider that the problem may be coincidental.

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify that all cables, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place. Do so by touch with gentle pressure.

Look for any cables that are kinked, pinched, showing signs of damage such as melted insulation, bare conductor showing.

Use a bright flashlight to inspect everywhere inside the case.
Everything in my computer is neatly tucked away and I specifically made sure non of my cables kink in weird ways and everything is all plugged in properly for sure as well. Dust is definitely not an issue as the computer was recently cleaned when installing the custom loop.
I am able to boot into safe mode but I'm honestly not too sure if anything in safe mode is able to fix this issue.

Ralston18

Titan
In safe mode you can do a number of things:

Verify that all drivers are correct and up-to-date. (Manually download as necessary via manufacturer's website. Reinstall, reconfigure.)

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes and warnings. Reliability History is more user friendly so start there. In any case, you can right click on errors for more information.

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe system performance.

See what all is being launched at Startup via the Startup tab in Task Manager.

Task Scheduler - take a look there. Seems to be becoming another way to slip in other "activities".

Run the built-in Windows Troubleshooters.

Run "sfc /scannow" via the Command Prompt. Reference:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

Maybe "dism" after that.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS