[SOLVED] Asus ATX board hanging ...Asus board is different size compared to my previous ATX ?

Od86x

Reputable
Jan 5, 2020
ok.. guys..
So I had Gigabyte GA z97x ATX motherboard in my PC case ..and it has 9 screws ..
I decide to reuse my old case .. to build new PC
So I bought Asus Prime Z590-P ATX motherboard.. and it only has 6 screws ..
And one side of motherboard just hanging..every time I connected PSU cables to the board ..board was compresed down to the case .. but its OK I am not damaged anything ..
I have a question.. how is it possible.. is it All ATX should be same size ???

Solution
It is common with cheaper boards not to have the full width and only use 6 mounting screws. The length of the board is still the full ATX which requires the case to support it and have enough expansion slots so it can be mounted.

Lutfij

Titan
Can you include the make and model of your chassis? It's not ideal to have the motherboard float over unused spaces in your case since over time they can collapse and then make contact with the chassis bare metal area and then cause a short, which could be fatal to your motherboard or more than that. Perhaps you can introduce motherboard standoffs to the case in order to have the motherboard sit properly in your case?

Od86x

Reputable
Jan 5, 2020
Here's is my case bought in 2014
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ne...master-haf-xm-atx-mid-tower/p/N82E16811119257
Gigabyte motherboard was fit as it shuld ..and it was ATX .. And as I said .. gigabyte had 9 screws that lays alongside the board ..but Asus has only 6 holes in motherboard...and holes ends were ram sits.. after that .Asus don't have a holes for screws..
You can check k on Google photos compare ..
Asus prime z590-p and Gigabyte GA Z97X UD5H
You will see want i am talking about...

Last edited: