Asus Aura Lighting

Sem Abraham

Reputable
May 17, 2015
I have the asus rog maximus viii formula motherboard with Aura lighting. However each time I turn the motherboard off, it forgets my lighting settings. Is there a way for me to make it remember? Or do i have to reset it everytime?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Hi, I've got the same motherboard and the same problem. As yet I've not found a way to get it to remember my settings, and I don't think there is. I was hoping I could workaround this issue by switching the led's to off in the Aura software before shutting down and leaving my PSU switched on but it still won't remember my settings. Hopefully a future update to the Aura software will allow this.

Also, I'm currently having issues changing the RGB lighting color to white. As far as I can see there are three options to adjust the color in the Aura software, the color wheel, and the 2 bars to the right. I've been using the white bar on the far right and setting it at max to try and change the color to white but instead of a bright white...

ColG911

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016
Hi, I've got the same motherboard and the same problem. As yet I've not found a way to get it to remember my settings, and I don't think there is. I was hoping I could workaround this issue by switching the led's to off in the Aura software before shutting down and leaving my PSU switched on but it still won't remember my settings. Hopefully a future update to the Aura software will allow this.

Also, I'm currently having issues changing the RGB lighting color to white. As far as I can see there are three options to adjust the color in the Aura software, the color wheel, and the 2 bars to the right. I've been using the white bar on the far right and setting it at max to try and change the color to white but instead of a bright white color it has a pink/purple tint to it. I spoke with Asus tech support and sent them images of the problem and they said the board was faulty. However I've just had it replaced with a new one which has the same problem. There is another thread on this issue, http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-3028309/asus-maximus-viii-formula-rgb-annoying-red-color.html, but I was hoping you could test yours and let me know if its a fault with mine again or an issue for this motherboard in general?

Thanks

Solution

Sem Abraham

Reputable
May 17, 2015
Well I hadn't expected a response! I will test my motherboard later today when I get home. Sad to hear there is no solution yet for the remembering lights. But I'll help you out with the light testing.

ColG911

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016

Yeah hope they add that soon, thanks

Yashtrave

Commendable
Aug 1, 2016
Do you guy's know if there is a way to keep the Aura lights ON even after shutting down the computer? I would like to have the lights always on, either one color or color cycle/breathing even after I turn off my PC. If you look at my Profile Picture, you can see that it has aesthetic appeal, and I like the lighting at night.

Also, while using the Aura software, every time I select "Match settings for all rbg led's" and click OK, the settings are applied but then the software crashes..

Thanks for your help!

I can ask a new question on tom's if this one is too old or inactive.

Daft_Fader

Commendable
Sep 17, 2016
The problem here is that the AURA software controls the LED settings, the software does remember the last configuration it just doesn't implement the changes until the software runs.
The ledcontrolservice.exe already has a scheduled task to run at startup, all you need to do is set up a scheduled task to run the aura software (C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AURA(GRAPHICS CARD)\AURA(GRAPHICS CARD).exe") at startup (whether user is logged on or not).

nightclaw

Commendable
Oct 5, 2016
i found the solution for fixed this problem ...

Update your bios if your bios up to date ready or don't have any update for your mabo your need to clear Bios.

cause i found the problem at asus strix 1060 and i change to 1070 it still same problem....

it's work for me goodluck your guys

Daniel_Little

Commendable
Jan 18, 2017

I know this is a late answer, but the internal components of the GPU makes the white lights reflect off as a purple tint. Nothing you can do there bud. Sorry.

JojoSpotlight

Prominent
Feb 21, 2017

Here. this is the answer. didnt take too long to figure out. all you have to do is set the wheel to any color and then in the color triangle, set the selection to the black. https://ibb.co/iKNHHv

xXTH0RNXx

Reputable
Feb 24, 2014

I have an x99 Strix board with 2 1080 in SLI and gskill RGB Ram
I can´t get my system to save the settings either, though it is a bit random sometimes I just have to launch aura after boot but others it just forgets my colors and defaults to red breathing. I hope they fix it soon its kind of anoying resetting the RGB Ram.

But I can achieve white by setting the Hue to 3, the saturation to 50% and the brightness to max, I get the blue tinge when I turn saturation to 0 too.

TRENDING THREADS