[SOLVED] asus aura sync cpu cooler issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 20, 2021
I just finished building my pc today and I'm not sure if my cooler is hooked up wrong or it's just a software bug/issue

Cpu is - i5 10400

My motherboard is - ASUS TUF B460M-plus wifi

Cpu cooler is - thermaltake UX100 rgb

Case is - Asus TUF Gaming GT301

So my issue is after hooking everything up I can get aura sync to work on everything (motherboard, fans, gpu, ram) BUT not the cpu cooler. The cpu cooler does work if I use the case's button to control the lighting but if connected to the mobo and/or case controller (I've tried both), it just goes into factory rgb rainbow effect.

The only time I can get it to somewhat work is if I just hook up the D/signal wire without the ground wire on either the mobo or case controller, but it's like a grainy signal ex: set aura to purple breathing and only hook up the D wire then it does a half ass purple with some rgb mixed in (like it's shorting out the signal) if I have both D and Ground hooked up then I lose ALL aura sync compatibility it seems.

And the way I have it hooked up is cooles is hooked up into cpufan controller and then the extra D/G wire into the argb hub, the fans (that do work with aura) are all just hooked straight into the hub.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know, I'd like to be able to use aura and not just the standard case settings and then have to play with aura to match everything g.

Solution
Figured I'd update at least, the cooler just had a defect, I tried it on 3 other of friends pc's and it would only work if the pc had a case/controller hub but it never synced to any motherboard system. Not a total loss as I got a aio for free that actually does work with aura though.
Jul 20, 2021
I have tried both, I have tried to unsync and then resync the mobo, only thing I haven't tried yet is in the bios, but since I'm transferring my data at this time I'll try sometime tomorrow

Jul 20, 2021
Only to be sure: you plugged it into an MB-aRGB-header?

I do have a thermaltake AIO with RGB, plugged it into an aRGB-socket on my MB and could control it with ASUS Aura, without any issue.

My board has 2 or 3 12v headers and 1 gen.2 5v header, I have the argb control hub plugged into the argb header. I've tried both hub and direct to motherboard.
At this point I'm thinking it's time to uninstall the armory crate and to reinstall or just buy an aio with next paycheck with some more case fans.

Jul 20, 2021
Figured I'd update at least, the cooler just had a defect, I tried it on 3 other of friends pc's and it would only work if the pc had a case/controller hub but it never synced to any motherboard system. Not a total loss as I got a aio for free that actually does work with aura though.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.