[SOLVED] asus aura sync problem

Jacks.

Commendable
Dec 3, 2021
www.deviantart.com
so i have asus rog x570 crosshair viii hero ,lian li galahad 360 aio ,2 cooler master argb fans and asus gpu

now everything was normal until yesterday tried to boot the pc up and it's rainbow colors instead of the static blue that i choosed and it didn't load the blue until i logged in, if i restart the pc it works fine but cooled booting it and i see rainbow ,please note that only the mobo ,lian li 360 aio ,2 cooler master argb fans are suffering that effect the gpu is working fine so cooled booting is like this the gpu is blue and the rest is rainbow until logging in

things i tried

uninstall and reinstall asus armoury create

resting devices

disable armoury create in bios and then re-enable it

i don't have any other lighting software installed and both the aio and the 2 fans are connected to the argb headers on the mobo ,i have the latest armoury create version and the latest mobo bios

any help?

Solution
ok so i finally got it fixed and working ,i have an idea about the cause of the problem but i can't say for sure that armoury crate was it but here is what i did
1.backup everything before you start just in case
2.remove armoury crate with asus uninstall tool which you can grab from here download use it and reboot
3.remove all files and folders remaining in the system including registry files which are a lot i removed them manually but you can use 3d party software if you know it will do the job after that reboot
4. download Aura Sync Utility form asus website note that you will need to download the standalone version which is shown in this pic View: https://imgur.com/qBtmJgX
i found...

Lutfij

Titan
For the sake of relevance, can you state what BIOS version you're on at this moment of time for your motherboard? What OS are you working with? If you're on Windows 10, what version(not edition) of the OS are you on? When reinstalling your drivers/app's, make sure you install them in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

I state drivers, since it's a good idea to see if reinstalling your chipset drivers helps alleviate the iussue.

Reactions: Jacks.

Jacks.

Commendable
Dec 3, 2021
www.deviantart.com
For the sake of relevance, can you state what BIOS version you're on at this moment of time for your motherboard? What OS are you working with? If you're on Windows 10, what version(not edition) of the OS are you on? When reinstalling your drivers/app's, make sure you install them in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

I state drivers, since it's a good idea to see if reinstalling your chipset drivers helps alleviate the iussue.
bios version 4201
win 10 pro
version 21H2
os build 19044.1826
and yes i installed my drivers as admin
EDIT: i think it's os related problem cause in Microsoft store there is an update for armoury create when i click update it just hangs at 95% installing it but the app is working fine

Lutfij

Titan
Where did you source the installer from? You could try powering down the system, disconnect from the wall and display, then remove the CMOS battery to clear CMOS. Replace after 30 mins and then go back into BIOS, set the primary boot device to Windows Boot Manager, disable CSM(if it was enabled) and then retry with OS GUI, then retry with Armory Crate.

Jacks.

Commendable
Dec 3, 2021
www.deviantart.com
Where did you source the installer from? You could try powering down the system, disconnect from the wall and display, then remove the CMOS battery to clear CMOS. Replace after 30 mins and then go back into BIOS, set the primary boot device to Windows Boot Manager, disable CSM(if it was enabled) and then retry with OS GUI, then retry with Armory Crate.
ok done that still the same

Lutfij

Titan
Noted.

EDIT: i think it's os related problem cause in Microsoft store there is an update for armoury create when i click update it just hangs at 95% installing it but the app is working fine
That's why I asked.

At this stage, download all relevant drivers and app's onto a pen drive, recreate your bootable installer, reinstall the OS while disconnected from the www, then manually install all relevant drivers and app's in an elevated command. Once they're all installed, reconnect to the www, then update.

Last edited:

Jacks.

Commendable
Dec 3, 2021
www.deviantart.com
Noted.

That's why I asked.

At this stage, download all relevant drivers and app's onto a pen drive, recreate your bootable installer, reinstall the OS while disconnected from the www, then manually install all relevant drivers and app's in an elevated command. Once they're all installed, reconnect to the www, then update.
i kinda knew that it will end like that i had this os for just 1 month will try and report back

Jacks.

Commendable
Dec 3, 2021
www.deviantart.com
ok so here is what i have done in the last couple of days
1.reinstalled windows 10 didn't work
2.reflashed the bios didn't work
3.reflashed another bios version 4006 didn't work
4.reflashed the latest version 4201 didn't work
5.disconnect everything from the mobo ,removed the battery and power cable holding the power button for 5 seconds and then leaving the mobo for 30 minutes to discharge then re flashing bios version 4201 again then installing windows 10 note that there is no rgb devices are connected to the mobo only the mobo rgb is on and working after that test and fail didn't work either ,even the mobo rgb didn't light up the same color ad effect after cold boot
right now i have no idea what to do i have multilabel systems installed cause of work and other things only one of them is windows 10 every time i cold boot my machine i have to go to windows 10 first then reboot to any other system this is not practical and i can't find any solution
any ideas?

Jacks.

Commendable
Dec 3, 2021
www.deviantart.com
ok so i finally got it fixed and working ,i have an idea about the cause of the problem but i can't say for sure that armoury crate was it but here is what i did
2.remove armoury crate with asus uninstall tool which you can grab from here download use it and reboot
3.remove all files and folders remaining in the system including registry files which are a lot i removed them manually but you can use 3d party software if you know it will do the job after that reboot
4. download Aura Sync Utility form asus website note that you will need to download the standalone version which is shown in this pic View: https://imgur.com/qBtmJgX
i found with help of reddit
5.download,extract and install LightingService first otherwise it won't work do that by installing AuraServiceSetup.exe
6.after installation is complete go back and run Setup.exe which can be found in the main folder
please note that after the installation and running aurasync it might not detect some of your hardware this is cause of asus decided to abandon the program and stick with armoury crate ,for me it didn't detect the gpu and the shutdown effect was on even if i turn it off from aurasync BUT the good news is there is an easy solution for that which is installing armoury crate
both the programs sharing the same folders so the gpu plugin that you need for aurasync to detect the gpu will be add automatically you can backup the plugin which you will find in C:\Program Files\ASUS\AacVGAHal and then remove armoury crate and continue with one program but if you like me having the shutdown effect on after turning it off from aurasync you'll have to keep armoury crate just to turn it off,you will not use armoury crate at all after that every time you need to change the lighting and effect use aurasync that's it BTW i don't use aura creator so i don't know about it

Last edited:
Reactions: norfa_yoga
Solution
Sep 3, 2023
i found with help of reddit
5.download,extract and install LightingService first otherwise it won't work do that by installing AuraServiceSetup.exe
6.after installation is complete go back and run Setup.exe which can be found in the main folder
please note that after the installation and running aurasync it might not detect some of your hardware this is cause of asus decided to abandon the program and stick with armoury crate ,for me it didn't detect the gpu and the shutdown effect was on even if i turn it off from aurasync BUT the good news is there is an easy solution for that which is installing armoury crate
both the programs sharing the same folders so the gpu plugin that you need for aurasync to detect the gpu will be add automatically you can backup the plugin which you will find in C:\Program Files\ASUS\AacVGAHal and then remove armoury crate and continue with one program but if you like me having the shutdown effect on after turning it off from aurasync you'll have to keep armoury crate just to turn it off,you will not use armoury crate at all after that every time you need to change the lighting and effect use aurasync that's it BTW i don't use aura creator so i don't know about it
thanks a lot, working on ASUS AREZ RX580 DUAL O8G (ROG STRIX edition)
I think when I bought this card it only supported red light no customizable 🤣