Asus b150 pro gaming limited to AMD?

Liam_26

Commendable
May 7, 2016
Doing my first computer build so being cautious rather than jumping straight into it and cocking something up,

I have a asus b150 chipset pro gaming mobo and according to the Asus website you can use crossfire but not SLI which is fine by me, that I understand,

what I am unsure about is if it also means that I can only use AMD gpu cards or if I can also use a single nvidia card on its(say for example the 1080/1070 coming out soon) as I can't find anywhere if a single card can be used.

Tldr - I would like to use a single nvidia gpu on the Asus b150 pro gaming mobo is this possible or am I limited to AMD gpu's

Solution
Yes, it is of course possible. Crossfire is running two cards at once, SLI is running two Nvidia cards at once. SLI requires a Z170 chipset motherboard, Crossfire doesn't. If you're planning on doing neither, then you're fine.

TheDudeThatLurks

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2016
Yes, it is of course possible. Crossfire is running two cards at once, SLI is running two Nvidia cards at once. SLI requires a Z170 chipset motherboard, Crossfire doesn't. If you're planning on doing neither, then you're fine.

Solution