Question Asus b250m-a no post, beeps like there is no ram but I know the modules work. Tried rebooting bios, cleaning contacts and nothing,

Dec 18, 2020
My pc is not posting, made all the troubleshoot process. I disconnected everything hdd, gpu and all and still not posting. The motherboard beeps like there is no ram installed altough the ram is installed, tried the ram one by one on each slot to no avail, cleaned contacts, release residual energy, retired bios battery and nothing, tw days ago the pc showed this issue but after some reboots it worked normally, today is not detecting ram at all.

Specs
Mobo: asus b250m-a
2x8 gb ram patriot
Rx 570 nitro
Psu azza 550W 80 plus bronze

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Does the following link provide the User Manual applicable to your motherboard?

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/PRIME_B250M-A/E11969_PRIME_B250M-A_UM_WEB_only.pdf

[Do verify that I found the correct manual.]

Start by reviewing the entire manual and comparing your pc's assembly to the manual. Check all connections and cards - ensure that all are fully and firmly in place. Do the same for all installed components.

First: what beep pattern do you hear? Likely some series of short and long beeps in a repeating pattern.

Second: Refer to physically numbered Page vi (Memory) to ensure that you have installed supported memory. Note the bold print referencing the QVL and also XMP. Details matter.

Third: Ensure that you installed the RAM per physically numbered page 1-9.

Fourth: Doublecheck the pc's BIOS setup (Section 2, Page 2-1).

Dec 18, 2020
Does the following link provide the User Manual applicable to your motherboard?

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/PRIME_B250M-A/E11969_PRIME_B250M-A_UM_WEB_only.pdf

[Do verify that I found the correct manual.]

Start by reviewing the entire manual and comparing your pc's assembly to the manual. Check all connections and cards - ensure that all are fully and firmly in place. Do the same for all installed components.

First: what beep pattern do you hear? Likely some series of short and long beeps in a repeating pattern.

Second: Refer to physically numbered Page vi (Memory) to ensure that you have installed supported memory. Note the bold print referencing the QVL and also XMP. Details matter.

Third: Ensure that you installed the RAM per physically numbered page 1-9.

Fourth: Doublecheck the pc's BIOS setup (Section 2, Page 2-1).
The beeping pattern is one long beep, two short. According to asus guide is memory problem

Ralston18

Titan
Very good:

Look to ensure that the memory modules are fully inserted and properly locked into place. Inspect the slots with a bright flashlight to look for signs of damage or debris inside.

I did not note any requirements that the first physically installed module must go into a specific DIMM slot. Double check to be sure.

Check the installed RAM specs. Verify via the User Manual and the Asus QVL that the RAM (dual channel kit?) is supported.

You can also visit RAM manufacturer websites to identify/find RAM modules compatible with your motherboard. Compare the specs to the RAM you now have.

Lastly: How old is that Azza 550 Watt PSU? new, used, refurbished?

Dec 18, 2020
Very good:

Look to ensure that the memory modules are fully inserted and properly locked into place. Inspect the slots with a bright flashlight to look for signs of damage or debris inside.

I did not note any requirements that the first physically installed module must go into a specific DIMM slot. Double check to be sure.

Check the installed RAM specs. Verify via the User Manual and the Asus QVL that the RAM (dual channel kit?) is supported.

You can also visit RAM manufacturer websites to identify/find RAM modules compatible with your motherboard. Compare the specs to the RAM you now have.

Lastly: How old is that Azza 550 Watt PSU? new, used, refurbished?
Ok this is the thing, this was a PC that was perfectly working, ram is new and I checked compatibility before buying them, they are fully assented on the memory slot, it just failed after I remove the sata cables from the board, obviously turned off. Memories were set in dual channel, the problem began on wensday and got worst yesterday. The psu will be one year old this dec 26th, I bought it new and assured that is certified, I just got another psu and tried to no avail so I should discard a psu problem

Dec 18, 2020
Well I was installing windows on my ssd and wanted to disconnect my other two extra hdd so the so only use drive space from the ssd, somethin I hace done before without problem until now

TRENDING THREADS