[SOLVED] Asus B450-F Gaming and AC Power Loss problem

May 24, 2021
Good Morning.
I have been following the forum for a long time and I have already solved several doubts by reading the topics but I never needed to post, until today.
I have a Asus B450-F Gaming with an R5 2600, and everything was running very well. This machine is on 24h and the AC Power Loss option is activated.
Last week I upgraded to a R5 5600X and needed to made a BIOS update, what happen without any problem.
But the option AC Power Loss stoped to work.
I thougth it was an problem in the BIOS update process, so I installed a R5 1400 and would downgrade to made some tests.
Before the downgrade I decide to test the power loss and it is working fine with the r5 1400 and with the r5 2600 as well.
When I install the R5 5600X, the first time I plug the power cable the MB starts using the autostart function, after the recognization of the new CPU the ac power loss option stop to work.
There is two BIOS version that works with R5 5600X, and both version have same problem.
What do you think it is happening guys?
There is another option working together with AC Power Loss and I don't know or do you think it's realy a BIOS problem?
Thank you for you help.

Solution
The first thing to make sure of is that you've reset the CMOS, with the 5600x in there of course. Instructions and location of the JBAT pins should be in manual. I'd also suggest pulling out the battery at the same time you short the pins, just to be sure.

Is the 'power loss option' you refer to the option to restart the system if you lose AC power?
The first thing to make sure of is that you've reset the CMOS, with the 5600x in there of course. Instructions and location of the JBAT pins should be in manual. I'd also suggest pulling out the battery at the same time you short the pins, just to be sure.

Is the 'power loss option' you refer to the option to restart the system if you lose AC power?

Solution
May 24, 2021

Same thing.
After a BIOS reset, the first time I plug the power cable there is an auto power on, after setup BIOS and set to auto power on nothing happend.
If I'm using another CPU the auto power on works fine.