Question Asus b450 gamingAsus Prime B450M Gaming + Ryzen 5 3600 wont turn on

gxmc

Honorable
Apr 23, 2015
I bought these parts and they were running just fine, then suddenly it stopped booting. The led lights from the motherboard turns on normally when the PSU is fed but the system wont start at all. No fans spinning, no beeps, no nothing. CPU is cold as ice. I tested every single component of it in another system and the other system's PSU on this system and every part is fine. The only part I cant test is the CPU, I dont have another compatible motherboard to do the testing (switched recently from Intel back to AMD on my main machine but i kept my intel rig for doing another tasks).

I RMAed the mobo and it worked flawlessly there, they recorded a video showing me the part working.

Questions:

Can the mobo doesn't turn on if the processor is non functioning? That would to explain the PSU fan not working, the case and CPU fans not spinning and no beepings.

In their video they didn't showed the mobo doing a cold turn on. They started the video with the machine running, and did some reboot that worked just fine, but no cold boot at all (I mean they didnt did: system turned off>press the power on button>system turns on). I didn't manage to see if the PSU cable's wires were jumpered in order to force the PSU on; if the mother board had a problem on the power switch jumper, that would explain why they managed to turn it on and I didn't. Im sure its not related to the power button on the case, btw: I tried to turn the mobo on by directly jumpering the 2 pins where the power switch connects.

Can I to jump the green/black wires of the 24 pin PSU in order to try and force the mother board to turn on? I did it in the past with mobos running K6 II that were installed in remote locations and needed to automatically turn on after a black out even if their bios get reset, but I don't know if it works on modern mobos, I dont want to risk blow the mobo up.

gxmc

Honorable
Apr 23, 2015
Its updated already. It got released from factory with the updated bios, compatible with the 3000 series. I have been using the system for quite some time before it died.

Could the mobo have performed a "BIOS rollback"? I mean, I only turned the system off at night and at morning it didnt started anymore. Could one of the BIOS chips get corrupted and the other chip contained an older version, one that is not compatible with the 3000's series?

Oct 1, 2020
Hey there! Did you got any solutions? I'm currently with the EXACTLY same problem. System was working fine and now wont start even though the motherboard is receiving power. It sometimes boot, but only after a lot of tries.

TRENDING THREADS