Question Asus B450-I Strix not showing two NVME drives

Nov 16, 2020
I have an Asus B450-I Gaming mobo. I had a 1 TB Crucial P1 that I used as my primary storage device in M.2_1 for about a year and a half no problems. On Prime Day I picked up an SK Hynix Gold P31 1 TB NVME drive. I did a rebuild (hard tubed watercooled) and moved my P1 to M.2_2 and installed the P31 in M.2_1. I understand that M.2_2 will be spitting PCI-e lanes with my graphics but I don't believe my 2070 Super is being held back. But this should work fine, correct? I am getting no indication of any drive being plugged into my M.2_1 slot. I can still boot just fine into windows off the P1 in M.2_2, but can't seem to find the P31 in either windows or in the BIOS. However, I don't know exactly where I should be looking in the BIOS either. Any help is appreciated!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What version of the BIOS are you working with on your motherboard at the time of writing? If you have BIOS updates pending, gradually work your way to the latest version.

I would also suggest swapping the SSD placements and see if that revives the SK Hynix SSD.

Nov 16, 2020

What version of the BIOS are you working with on your motherboard at the time of writing? If you have BIOS updates pending, gradually work your way to the latest version.

I would also suggest swapping the SSD placements and see if that revives the SK Hynix SSD.

I updated the BIOS last week to the latest from Asus, Ver. 3103. I know switching the drives is probably one of the first real steps but that is a huge pain given that it is a hard line watercooled itx rig. I have to drain the loop and take apart most of the build because the M.2_2 can't be taken out without taking the mobo out of the case. I can do it but I have really been trying to avoid it Additionally, I would need to rebuild the whole thing to check it again. All-in-all I'm looking at 6-8 hours of work to do that and like I said, I'm trying to exhaust any other options first.

Nov 16, 2020

Also thanks for the welcome! I've been reading Tom's for the better part of the last 15 years, so it's funny to be welcomed as a novice. I'm really just not a big poster on any site but this problem has me struggling.

TRENDING THREADS