[SOLVED] ASUS B450f Gaming with Ryzen 9..

Sep 5, 2021
Hey everyone.. first post here.. So I've been running the B450f gaming board with 8gb of RAM and a Ryzen 5 3600 chip. It runs great but I bought the Ryzen 9 5950x chip and bought HyperX Predator Black 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 CL16 DIMM XMP Desktop Memory HX432C16PB3K2/16 and am getting the yellow light. Even with my other ram is still won't work. I have updated the CMOS to the latest version. That 16gb ram IS ON THE AVL (approved vendors list). The other 8gb of RAM in the pc now is also 3200mhz..

Help please....! Can I not attach photo's..?

Solution
Hey everyone.. first post here.. So I've been running the B450f gaming board with 8gb of RAM and a Ryzen 5 3600 chip. It runs great but I bought the Ryzen 9 5950x chip and bought HyperX Predator Black 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 CL16 DIMM XMP Desktop Memory HX432C16PB3K2/16 and am getting the yellow light. Even with my other ram is still won't work. I have updated the CMOS to the latest version. That 16gb ram IS ON THE AVL (approved vendors list). The other 8gb of RAM in the pc now is also 3200mhz..

Did you reset CMOS when you swapped CPU's? You should also reset CMOS after BIOS updates and each time you change memory.

Could you try to use the 8gbs ram, or 16gb ram with 3600? or try the cpu on other motherboard?

Reactions: Truck Driver
Sep 5, 2021
Could you try to use the 8gbs ram, or 16gb ram with 3600? or try the cpu on other motherboard?
I did try the 8 after the pair of 8's\16 (old and new) and still got the yellow light. Also tried this configuration before and after I updated the CMOS. Only have 1 motherboard.

to get full support from ASUS, I would have to remove the board from the case to get the serial number on the backside or the bottom of it. That's gonna be a last resort effort.

I did try the 8 after the pair of 8's\16 (old and new) and still got the yellow light. Also tried this configuration before and after I updated the CMOS. Only have 1 motherboard.

to get full support from ASUS, I would have to remove the board from the case to get the serial number on the backside or the bottom of it. That's gonna be a last resort effort.
So it wouldnt work with 5950X and the new ram, then it effects the 3600 and previous ram and they cant boot? Your last effort is one thing to do to get support from them.

Did you reset CMOS when you swapped CPU's? You should also reset CMOS after BIOS updates and each time you change memory.

Solution
Sep 5, 2021
So it wouldnt work with 5950X and the new ram, then it effects the 3600 and previous ram and they cant boot? Your last effort is one thing to do to get support from them.
Nope.. only got a blank screen and the yellow light with the Ryzen 9 with either of the RAM. Put in the Ryzen 5 and installed all 3 sticks of ram. booted up and went to the task manager and it showed 24GB ram.

Sep 5, 2021
No I didn't. I'm guessing to do that I would find the clear cmos button??? I'll go look to see how that's done. Found a good link:
View: https://youtu.be/tYVnWPuEvzI

Thanx.. good tip.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2021
Ok.. UPDATE.. I'm a very happy camper. I took the CPU (Ryzen 9) to a techie friend.. he looked closely at the chip and saw a bent pin. He managed to straighten it out... So I'm home and i swapped cpu's.. then took a chance and put in the new HyperX 16 gb RAM and the current 8GB module. It booted right up. :love: I sure wish I could attach a picture.

THANX MUCH for those here who offered some help.